autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Experienced car detailer turned boat detailer needs tips!!

Hey all my names josh I've been detailing cars for 6 years and just recently got hired as a boat detailer at a local marina and I have some pictures of some of my recent work and I'm really looking for some advice on what I could do to make these look better or any help oh and I recently bought my first harley all black and could use some tips on keeping that clean too on the boat details I've been starting with a full wash inside out and start the buff outside I've been doing a lot of extremely oxidized and fade finishes that suck up a lot of compound then I put glaze on it then i touch up theupholstery with a magic eraser... Best cleaner I found thus far then the floors then protect the upholstery with 303 then do the windows then cleaner wax with carnauba the inside paint and that's aboutit like I said any tips would be greatly appreciated on how to move through it faster to save time better cleaners anything
    Thanks,
    Josh

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Experienced car detailer turned boat detailer needs tips!!

I do a few boats per season, gel coat is a lot different than a cars paint, however kinda the same.

For oxidation, such as water spots by the outlet holes on the side of the boat, surprisingly CLR works THE best out of anything. Not even Megs 101 with a yellow or wool pad will take it out. Clay does nothing either. CLR takes it out in one second. Obviously rewash and seal that area immediately after.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisCoupe View Post
    I do a few boats per season, gel coat is a lot different than a cars paint, however kinda the same.

For oxidation, such as water spots by the outlet holes on the side of the boat, surprisingly CLR works THE best out of anything. Not even Megs 101 with a yellow or wool pad will take it out. Clay does nothing either. CLR takes it out in one second. Obviously rewash and seal that area immediately after.

Thanks for the response how do you apply that clr just spray on and rub out and I like the gelcoat compared to clear its so much thicker and less strenuous to bring back to life

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JguzS4 View Post
    Thanks for the response how do you apply that clr just spray on and rub out and I like the gelcoat compared to clear its so much thicker and less strenuous to bring back to life

And can it be used on upholstery?