autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Buffing/sealing and glaze questions

hey guys first off i just want to say i am somewhat new to this i have washed polished waxed before but i am new to using a DA polisher/buffer with some success. i have asked some questions with good results on this forum. So i want see see what you guys think about this. First question i am looking into trying new products and came across "meguiars M07 mirror glaze show car glaze" and the description says it out shines all other hand applied polishes glaze waxes and sealants...I know i am using DA not by hand but does this description mean that this would be the last step (no wax or sealant on top)? i thought glaze was a middle step. Ok next (bear wit me just 1 min) "meguiars M21 mirror glaze synthetic sealant" (never used a sealant) First same question is this the final step or is wax supposed to go on top. second has any one used this? How is it? i have always used gold class paste wax but looking into new stuff especially some of the thicker liquids so can easily be used with DA machine. Ok lastly i was reading that detailing spray (quick detailer) should be hand wiped on top of all wax ect. at the end. Also others have said to use "meguiars final inspection" is this the same as a "quick detailer" should it be applied on top? Ok thats it for now i know its alot for 1 post but i thought i might get better results like this so you guys can see a bigger picture rather than posting 3 or 4 post's THANKS again to any one that responds

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buffing/sealing and glaze questions

•M07:
    -Does not provide "sacrificial barrier"-type protection
    -Will need an LSP applied on top of it

•M21 2.0:
    -Can be a stand-alone LSP
    -It's not necessary, but it can be topped with a Wax

•M34 (F.I.)
    -Can be used in the same manner as a QD

Note:
    More in-depth explanations can be found on the above
    products manufacturer's description pages...located in
    AGO's online store.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbreeze225 View Post
    hey guys first off i just want to say i am somewhat new to this i have washed polished waxed before but i am new to using a DA polisher/buffer with some success. i have asked some questions with good results on this forum. So i want see see what you guys think about this. First question i am looking into trying new products and came across "meguiars M07 mirror glaze show car glaze" and the description says it out shines all other hand applied polishes glaze waxes and sealants...I know i am using DA not by hand but does this description mean that this would be the last step (no wax or sealant on top)? i thought glaze was a middle step. Ok next (bear wit me just 1 min) "meguiars M21 mirror glaze synthetic sealant" (never used a sealant) First same question is this the final step or is wax supposed to go on top. second has any one used this? How is it? i have always used gold class paste wax but looking into new stuff especially some of the thicker liquids so can easily be used with DA machine. Ok lastly i was reading that detailing spray (quick detailer) should be hand wiped on top of all wax ect. at the end. Also others have said to use "meguiars final inspection" is this the same as a "quick detailer" should it be applied on top? Ok thats it for now i know its alot for 1 post but i thought i might get better results like this so you guys can see a bigger picture rather than posting 3 or 4 post's THANKS again to any one that responds
    Glaze goes on prior to any sealant or wax. A glaze will go on after polish if one did polish. Sealant would go on prior to wax, if you want to use wax. Wax would go on last.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I like your questions like you im new at machine detailing and I have a black 2014 mustang with light swirl mark and just bought a PC 2724xp machine and I was wondering is it always nessesary to use clay.I was planning on using Meg. m205 then wax but I read I should use a laze for better shine is this better and could anyone recamend a good glaze and wax to use thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldman101 View Post
    I like your questions like you im new at machine detailing and I have a black 2014 mustang with light swirl mark and just bought a PC 2724xp machine and I was wondering is it always nessesary to use clay.I was planning on using Meg. m205 then wax but I read I should use a laze for better shine is this better and could anyone recamend a good glaze and wax to use thank you.
    I would recommend you claying your car at LEAST once a year. That way you make sure all the top surface contaminants are removed. After reading some posts on here it seems that a chemical paint decontamination with Iron X is highly recommend prior to clay bar or clay mitt.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok lastly i was reading that detailing spray (quick detailer) should be hand wiped on top of all wax ect. at the end. Also others have said to use "meguiars final inspection" is this the same as a "quick detailer" should it be applied on top?

Using a quick detailer like Megs Final Inspection is completely optional, and not always necessary. I believe the concept of using a detail spray after the polishing and waxing is done is to A) Remove smears in the wax/sealant that didn't buff out during removal and B) To remove any light dust left by the polishing/waxing process.

Mike Phillips

hey guys first off i just want to say i am somewhat new to this i have washed polished waxed before but i am new to using a DA polisher/buffer with some success.
    What are you working on?

What type of DA polisher or buffer do you have?

i have asked some questions with good results on this forum. So i want see see what you guys think about this.
    That's a sign of a good forum.

First question i am looking into trying new products and came across "meguiars M07 mirror glaze show car glaze" and the description says it out shines all other hand applied polishes glaze waxes and sealants...

I know i am using DA not by hand but does this description mean that this would be the last step (no wax or sealant on top)? i thought glaze was a middle step.
    This product has been around since the time of the Model T and it's probably hands down the best if not the only product around for restoring antique single stage paint.

When it comes to working on a daily driver with a basecoat/clearcoat paint job there are much better options for polishing and waxing.

Ok next (bear wit me just 1 min) "meguiars M21 mirror glaze synthetic sealant" (never used a sealant)

First same question is this the final step or is wax supposed to go on top.
    This would be your last step product or LSP.

second has any one used this? How is it? i have always used gold class paste wax but looking into new stuff especially some of the thicker liquids so can easily be used with DA machine.
    M21 is the pro version of NXT. IT has some light cleaning ability so this makes it great for maintaining daily drivers for the reasons I outline here,

Here's why you need to polish paint...

Ok lastly i was reading that detailing spray (quick detailer) should be hand wiped on top of all wax etc. at the end.
    That's just someone's opinion. I don't wipe cars I've just waxed, sealed or coated with anything.

In fact, after you wipe off a coat of wax, or a coat of synthetic sealant or a paint coating you should STOP touching the paint.

I can go into detail as to why you want to stop touching paint but that's getting into the deeper things of car detailing.

Also others have said to use "meguiars final inspection" is this the same as a "quick detailer" should it be applied on top?
    Well they are both "spray detailers" but they are chemically different because Final Inspection can be used in a fresh paint environment. That's not true for most spray detailers.

Remember... Meguiar's makes a Pro Line for "Body Shops". That's a whole different market than making products for the detailing industry and the consumer market.

I'm pretty sure I have an article on this topic somewhere.

Ok thats it for now i know its alot for 1 post but i thought i might get better results like this so you guys can see a bigger picture rather than posting 3 or 4 post's THANKS again to any one that responds

I always recommend posting your questions to multiple detailing discussion forums and even Facebook groups, see where you get the best answers and stick with that place.