autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

BLACKFIRE Wet-Ice Over Fire Application and Reapplication Questions

I just got finished sealing and waxing my daily driver after a repaint. I waited 90 days for the paint to outgas and all I can say is WOW. The results are amazing, deep, wet, and so smooth. However I have two questions from someone who has worked with this combo over time.

1. Would I squeeze the slightest bit of enhancement out of the finish if I let either the sealant or the wax sit overnight. I know this is a practice common with other products and wondered if it applied to this. Directions printed on both product says to wipe on wipe off.

2. Being this is my daily driver and I live in the winter Midwest I am looking forward to spring cleaning. How should I go about reapplication at this point. Should I clay, light polish, reseal, rewax. Or will I still have enough sealant left I can just rewax.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE Wet-Ice Over Fire Application and Reapplication Questions

Quote Originally Posted by DustinR View Post
    I just got finished sealing and waxing my daily driver after a repaint. I waited 90 days for the paint to outgas and all I can say is WOW. The results are amazing, deep, wet, and so smooth. However I have two questions from someone who has worked with this combo over time.

1. Would I squeeze the slightest bit of enhancement out of the finish if I let either the sealant or the wax sit overnight. I know this is a practice common with other products and wondered if it applied to this. Directions printed on both product says to wipe on wipe off.

2. Being this is my daily driver and I live in the winter Midwest I am looking forward to spring cleaning. How should I go about reapplication at this point. Should I clay, light polish, reseal, rewax. Or will I still have enough sealant left I can just rewax.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.
    Congrats on the new car! You're going to love the Wet-Ice Over Fire combo.

1. The sealant dries to a haze in about 25 minutes. Once it fully hazes over, buff it off using a clean, dry microfiber towel. Wait 12 hours (overnight works) and apply a coat of wax. Immediately remove the wax using a clean, dry microfiber towel. Flip the towel often. Apply a 2nd coat of wax to ensure even coverage.

2. I would do exactly as described - clay, light polish, sealant, wax. Do this twice a year for maximum protection.

Most importantly of all...be sure to take photos and post them on the forum!