autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 Aerospace or ArmorAll Original: Which Is Better?

I like 303 AND armor-all. That being said, I prefer 303 or other dressings on interior items. I only like armor all for use on tires. I apply it about as light as you possibly can via foam applicator and it just gives a clean black look that isn't glossy at all. I have also experimented with diluting it as well with good results. If I posted pictures of my tires and you hadn't read this post, chances are you would think I was using another dressing besides AA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Agreed on the Steering wheel thing!! I would be slip sliding away if I tried to turn!!....LOL
    I'd like to echo this also. I never put any kind of dressing or protectant on steering wheels. Same for all weather mats, brake pedals, and accelerators. All safety issues IMO.

As for the question, I would say 303. There are probably more durable solutions for exterior applications though (tires, trim, etc.). I mainly only use it on the interior and door seals.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

303 ON EVERYTHING!.......except paint, glass, and metals. Apparently you can actually use on paint according to 303, but not me! Also works excellent on rubber door seals!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys have success with 303 on exterior surfaces? I used to use it on my tonneau cover but it ran off and down the truck bed as soon as one drop of water hit it. I've since switched to UTTG+ for exterior.

I do however still love 303 on everything interior.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that 303 does run off in rain. If it's on your DD then go with something like Gtechnic. If it's your Garage Queen then 303 will last.

Post Thanks / Like

303 works great for convertible tops as well
    Charleston, SC

FLEX 3401, PC 7424xp, HF DA I Opticoated my shower......

Post Thanks / Like

303 is better for most applications, especially the interior.

Post Thanks / Like

I stopped using Armor-All almost 30 years ago. That's before the Internet, usenet, forums, groups, etc. which is to say I wasn't influenced by anyone. Solely based on my own experience. I initially liked it for the "wow" factor it brought to dull surfaces. My enthusiasm for it waned after a few weeks, finding the product too shiny (glare on dashboard), too slippery, and attracted dust (or dust was just more evident on top of it).

Love 303! But I use 303 on interior plastics only. Never on steering wheel or rubber floor mats (I don't see the point). It will run off in the rain, and I live in the rain forest (Pacific NW).

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses and opinions so far. I didn't take offense to any. It sounds like 303 is everyone's favorite except for exterior uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Agreed on the Steering wheel thing!! I would be slip sliding away if I tried to turn!!....LOL
    Actually, I do know ArmorAll isn't so good on steering wheels because it makes them slippery.

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    I thought this was a joke at first. Kind of like,' "What's better, Fuzion, or Turtle Wax?"
    Are there better cleaner waxes out there than Turtle Wax? I've been using Turtle Wax for five decades. I thought it was the oldest major car wax brand and the one that set the standard all the others aspired to. I never heard of Fuzion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    use 303 on interior plastics only... It will run off in the rain...
    It sounds like ArmorAll would be better on the plastic grill on my Ford Econoline Van. I wasn't sure if it would work good on that, as it's some kind of very smooth and hard plastic.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrooklyn View Post

Are there better cleaner waxes out there than Turtle Wax? I've been using Turtle Wax for five decades. I thought it was the oldest major car wax brand and the one that set the standard all the others aspired to. I never heard of Fuzion though.
    I'm fairly new here as well - a lot of great information on here, especially from people excited to try the latest and greatest detailing products; nothing wrong with that as I like testing new products as well, but I don't usually go for the really expensive niche products. Wolfgang Fuzion wax, for example, starts at $60 for 3 oz.

I haven't tested a ton of AIO products, or turtle cleaner wax for that matter, so I'll let others chime in if they have.

I have tried Optimum poli-seal by hand a few times and it seemed to work well. Optimum GPS is a similar, newer formula in a spray bottle that cleans a bit better I believe.

all in one polish, car polish wax, cleaner wax, best car wax polish, Klasse All In One, one step polish wax, AIO wax, AIO paint sealant

Some popular AIO on here that aren't too expensive:
    Klasse AIO
    Duragloss 105
    Pinnacle xmt 360

On the other hand, if you are happy with turtle wax - no need to change anything.

Last thing I can think of right now - most all in one cleaner/polish/wax products don't have very long-lasting protection with some exceptions (I believe duragloss 105 protection lasts a good amount of time but I haven't used it). Most top an AIO with a non-cleaning wax or sealant for longer protection.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast