autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Dent/Scratch Repair

Hello all. I was looking for help with my problem when a came across this site. My car got some fairly bad scuffs/scratches and a small dent. While backing out of the driveway it brushed against the stone porch. It is a 2011 Mercedes B200 Turbo.

Near the top of the wheel arc where the scratch is, there is a very small dent. I had to look really close, and I had to look at the opposite rear wheel a few times to confirm, but it is there.

I am a complete novice at this but I would like to try. Is it possible to fix this, and if so, what steps do I need to take? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dent/Scratch Repair-img_20141023_095103-jpg   Dent/Scratch Repair-img_20141023_095109-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dent/Scratch Repair

I couldn't see the pics, but if it is that small, then a PDR (paintless dent repair) guy could probably get it out in a matter of seconds with no damage to the paint

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Don M. Is there anything I can try myself to fix the dent? I have heard something about compressed air.

Also, what about the scuff/scratches? What can I try to repair those?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asdf123 View Post
    Thanks Don M. Is there anything I can try myself to fix the dent? I have heard something about compressed air.

Also, what about the scuff/scratches? What can I try to repair those?

I've never heard of using compressed air to remove a dent. As for the scratches, they look a bit deep to be removed completely, I think the best you're going to be able to do is "clean them up" or fade them a little using a compound with a good bite to it, maybe even some VERY light wet sanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    I've never heard of using compressed air to remove a dent. As for the scratches, they look a bit deep to be removed completely, I think the best you're going to be able to do is "clean them up" or fade them a little using a compound with a good bite to it, maybe even some VERY light wet sanding.
    By compressed air I think he means the little cans of air to blow-out your keyboard. The idea being you get the spot very cold and as it warms back up, the dent pops out. Or heat it up then cool it down so the dent pops out, same principle: voodoo car repair.