autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Flex 3401 or GG Da polisher

I am looking to step up from the Porter Cable 7424XP to something with a little more power. I use the DA polisher maybe 3 times a year. I was considering a Flex 3401 but was thinking if I didn't use it as often I could save some money by getting a different product. Does the GG DA polisher sound like a good choice for me? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it's a great value for that level of use. Keep the XP and use it with 4" pads. Those combo of two polishers have worked well for me over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex 3401 or GG Da polisher

if you dont use it often, i would stick with the PC. no reason to spend the money on the GG its in the same category as the PC

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The GG6 has a lot of power for a small machine, but not so much that it would scare you off. It's still as every bit as save as the PC with a little added oomph. I love mine and use it just about as much as my Flex. If you only break out the polisher a few times a year, the GG6 is a great tool which will give great results, reliability, and at a great price!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VitrifyDetail View Post
    The GG6 has a lot of power for a small machine, but not so much that it would scare you off. It's still as every bit as save as the PC with a little added oomph. I love mine and use it just about as much as my Flex. If you only break out the polisher a few times a year, the GG6 is a great tool which will give great results, reliability, and at a great price!
    ....agreed and don't forget the lifetime warranty! Combined with Griot's no hassle customer service, done deal IMO!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

If you do not polish that often just stick with your PC7424 XP. No need to spend the dough. The GG 6" may be more powerful (I do not know as I have the PC), but it is not powerful enough to just buy. IMO you may only notice a SLIGHT improvement in performance. IMO stick with you PC. I have one and I am quite happy with it.

Now if you want to spend the $$ Get the Flex 3401 VRG. You will notice a tremendous difference! It is a great machine. I use it as my primary DA. There is no comparison to a forced rotation DA.

But based on what I am gathering...save the $$ and just keep with what you have. If you are willing to spend $$, then go for the Flex 3401 VRG. That is the best DA IMO.
    The GG6" is too similar to the PC and IMO you are wasting $$ if you get that instead.

Post Thanks / Like

if you are only going to machine polish a once/twice a year (or not very often) then get the GG6...

Post Thanks / Like

If you truly want to "upgrade", get the 3401
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to get the 3401 and if i did detailing on the side I could see it paying it for itself and then some. Right now I can't see spending $400 to get the 3401 when I hardly use it. I was going to sell the PC for $100. It comes with the 5" backing, 6" backing, the weights for both, and a few flat and hybrid LC pads. I'd only then be spending $50 for the GG6. I need a little more oomph as the PC isn't providing the necessary power for me, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever tried using Megs microfiber pads? Or the Lake Country thin purple wool pads? Those would give you the extra oomph you're looking for without having to buy a new machine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast