autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Steam Cleaning a Ferrari Interior with the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

Steam Cleaning a Ferrari Interior with the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

A few weeks ago form member Frank and I did an extreme makeover, inside and outside on a 1987 Ferrari 328 GTS.

The Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

Detail Fest Silent Auction Winner
    My friend Mark, a Helicopter Flight Instructor and Pilot for American Airlines recently purchased this Ferrari and won the silent auction at Detail Fest to raise money for Autism Speaks.

Here's the before and after pictures from the interior portion of the project. There was a lot of grime build-up in all the normal location where skin touches as well as areas of high wear and tear.

Here's the Durpay Hill Injection Steam Cleaner, this is what we're going to use to clean the interior.

Ewww.... that's pretty gross... the good news is not only has all the body oils, dirt and grime from 1987 been removed but any bacteria, mold, germs and viruses have been killed.

2. Likes kevinkunkle liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Steam Cleaning a Ferrari Interior with the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

Continued...

Back to a clean, fresh interior...

After cleaning all the leather surfaces we then conditioned using Pinnacle Black Label Hide-Soft Leather Conditioner and sealed the leather with Pinnacle Black Label Leather & Vinyl Coating.

This shot was taken after detailing the entire car, inside and out. As you can see we also machine polished and waxed the exterior, that write-up is still to come...

On Autogeek.net

The Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

Pinnacle Black Label Hide-Soft Leather Conditioner

Pinnacle Black Label Leather & Vinyl Coating

Mike Phillips

Re: Steam Cleaning a Ferrari Interior with the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

You can see the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner in action for the floor mats that came out of this Ferrari here....

Interior Detailing - Steam Cleaning Carpet

Post Thanks / Like

I am new to using a steam cleaner for interiors, and am trying to figure out the best way to use a cloth attached to the end? Should I be using a thick/heavy microfiber? Or will any regular microfiber work, and just be bunched up more? Should I use an elastic on the end to secure it? Or my hand wearing some kind of glove?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Electro View Post

I am new to using a steam cleaner for interiors, and am trying to figure out the best way to use a cloth attached to the end?

Should I be using a thick/heavy microfiber?

Or will any regular microfiber work, and just be bunched up more?

Should I use an elastic on the end to secure it? Or my hand wearing some kind of glove?

Good questions.

For really dirt surfaces terrycloth will work better as the cloth is more stout, that is it's the opposite of microfiber which is real soft.

For more delicate surfaces like the leather seats in this Ferrari microfiber towels like I show are safer as they won't scratch or mar the leather surface.

As for how to attach cloth to all the different types of steam cleaners and their various brush heads that's something that's going to be unique to each brand.

What I like about the model shown in this article is the engineers at Dupray did a GREAT job of designing their large brush head with a spring loaded clamp that firmly holds a triangle shaped cloth to the face of the brush.

I have another article that shows how to use this tool that I have not posted yet but in this article I have pictures showing how to attach a square microfiber towel, folded into a triangle shape using their clamping system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh ok. I did not realise that's how it was attached.
    Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

On delicate carpets, it is also good to use a MF towel instead of a terry towel.

HUMP

Mike Phillips

Bump