autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I
    Last edited by mtmilam; 06-08-2014 at 09:18 PM. Reason: multiple post

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Confused on Water spots and BL Paint Coating…

I thought with a "Diamond Glass nano Coating" that Water spots would be hard to form?? OR at least wipe off with QD spray….

I Did my NEW Porsche with BL Diamond paint coating and have been topping with Savovern 90.00 Wax about every 3 weeks…The Car sat out at the Marina and it rained that night, then 90 deg heat the next day and Water spots everywhere…..Got home the next day…Washed with BL Shampoo…Dried with McGuires QD and Waffle MF towels……could Still see water spots (Dark Mahogany Brown paint)…..Ummm….used some BL Cleaning polish…helped some, but could still See them.

Does the Cleaning polish remove my BL Diamond Paint Coating?? Do I need to recoat with DPC??….its only been on 5 months….

I thought the idea behind the coatings is to protect the Clear coat from Water spots?…..Am I wrong on this….we live in the south, not a lot of factories or Acid rain problems ……Should I use the BL finishing polish with a DA buffer to rid water spots and then Recoat with Diamond Surface Coating..( I have a lot of it)

Am I wasting time and money using the Saovern expensive carnuba wax on top of the BLPC?? …its just so fun to use it…
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -porsche-ferrari-jpg   -porsche-hersh-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a great fan of PBL DPC, but one of the goals is to serve as a sacrificial layer. Try some CarPro spot remover. As far as the BL cleaner polish, it depends on what it actually was. Most true polishes have abrasives in them, so they will wear down your coating. Most coatings are around the 1 micron range, and polishing can go through that easily.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

No need to polish out the water spots. Buy a bottle of CarPro Spotless to remove them. Simply clean the surface, spray Spotless, work it with a yellow foam wax applicator pad and rinse.

I had the same problem you are having not too long ago with CQuartz.
    Will M205 or SF4000 Remove CQuartz?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow…sounds like what I need….So Spotless it will be. I assume AG has the Stuff.
    Thanks…..

Post Thanks / Like

As for your other question...this has been discussed several times on here . In my opinion you are wasting time and money putting Souvern on top of the coating.