autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Tornador Blastor Vacuum Attachment - A Favorite Cool Tool

Tornador Blastor Vacuum Attachment - A Favorite Cool Tool

When I work on my own cars there's always a couple of cool tools I like to use and this is one of them, the Tornador Blastor Vacuum Attachment. The way this works is you attach the the air line to the compressed air line from your air compressor. You need a powerful air compressor with a minimum of 60 to 90 PSI to feed the tool. You attach the vacuum attachment to the hose of your shop-vac.

Compressed air forces the oscillating tip to oscillate while at same time it's blasting air out of the tip to create the tornado effect.

Now you have the Tornador Blastor Vacuum Attachment blasting air at the surface in a violent tornado action while your vacuum extracts everything. It can be a little hard to wrap your mind around in that how can you effectively vacuum while at the same time you're blowing air away from the opening of the vacuum attachment but it works and it works great!

Let me put it this way... if I"m going to do any vacuuming, I will attach the Tornador Blastor Vacuum Attachment first and then vacuum away.

Tornador Blastor Vacuum Attachment

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tornador Blastor Vacuum Attachment - A Favorite Cool Tool

You're always making me want something new Mike!

Is there a way to get it to blow solution like the original Tornador, or is it only dry?
    Brandon--Custom Cleaning Concepts, LLC
    If you want your ride as clean as can be, you need to call CCC!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by CCC4me View Post

You're always making me want something new Mike!
    Sorry about that but when it comes to cool tools, it's fun to share them with others. I also show this in all my detailing boot camp classes and make sure everyone has the chance to test it out while in class.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC4me View Post

Is there a way to get it to blow solution like the original Tornador, or is it only dry?

No way to make it blow solution, at least not that I'm aware of or in its original configuration.

That might work but one thing for sure, just using it dry works well enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Does the air compressor need to have a minimum SCFM? Also, would recommend a minimum tank size for it to work effectively?
    Mine: 2015 Carbon Steel VW GTI Autobahn
    Wife's: 2013 Crystal White Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
    Hobbyist, Student, Enthusiast

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BrianDavis View Post
    Does the air compressor need to have a minimum SCFM? Also, would recommend a minimum tank size for it to work effectively?

I'm not sure offhand what the minimum is for square cubic feet per minute or a minimum tank size but here are two vague answers, a lot and big.

You can't use this tool with any type of portable air compressor. A general guess would be 60 gallon minimum, something that stands as tall as you.

I know the air feed requirements for this tool and the below tool exclude a lot of people from using them but I still wanted to share them as they are truly cool tools that help make any detailing project faster while making you more effective with your time.

Tornador Air Blow Out Gun - A Favorite Cool Tool

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

I was searching the site for a good review of the Tornador, but couldn`t find one. Is the foaming & Car cleaning nozzle interchangeable? Also, which would you recommend for interior & mat deep cleaning?

Thanks,

Mike Phillips

[quote=SickTRed08FSI;1053114]

Mike,

I was searching the site for a good review of the Tornador, but couldn`t find one. Is the foaming & Car cleaning nozzle interchangeable?

No. Different thread sizes. I wondered this too and checked for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SickTRed08FSI View Post

Also, which would you recommend for interior & mat deep cleaning?

Thanks,

Vacuum first. Always. You want to use dry extraction to remove any dirt before introducing any liquids. Liquids will dissolve dirt and via gravity cause it to penetrate further into the fabric. So dry extraction, i.e. vacuuming should always be preformed first.

For deep cleaning.... wet extraction. There's no other way unless you can remove the thing you want to clean and blast it with a water hose or pressure washer and in the case of a pressure washer you want to be careful that you don't cause any damage.

Post Thanks / Like

Got ya, that`d be too convenient.

I always vacuum first. But I have recently been doing a lot of soccer mom mobiles and SUVs with kids and very messy interiors. So I am basically looking at the cleaning one. Do you like it?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SickTRed08FSI View Post
    Got ya, that`d be too convenient.

I always vacuum first. But I have recently been doing a lot of soccer mom mobiles and SUVs with kids and very messy interiors. So I am basically looking at the cleaning one. Do you like it?
    For dry extraction, you can't beat the combination of a good shop-vac and the Tornador Blastor Vacuum Attachment.

I think it makes more sense to extract dirt out of fabric versus blow dirt into fabric but both can make dirt disappear.

I use the air gun to blow dirt and dust not INTO carpets but across carpets and out of the car. I did that for this project...

High quality production detailing by Mike Phillips

Here's what I wrote in post #5

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

Blew out the inside of the car using the Tornador Car Cleaning Gun.

Ran out of time or I would have vacuumed but the interior was actually rally clean and the Tornador with all doors open made fast work of what little debris was on the floors, console, dash and seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I should`ve clarified, I apologize. Using it with a cleaner for carpets and cloth seats. I have a good carpet brush for DA, but wondering if this tool is worth saving time.

- Johnathon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast