autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing vs Paint Correction explained

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2km7Q7IvCk]The Difference between a Car detail & a Car Wash - auto detailing tips - YouTube[/video]
    Hope someone (Professional) can make a video
    that can be SHARED WITH CUSTOMERS to explain (show) how each is different as well as cost are different
    I try to explain that AUTO DETAILING IS: a thorough cleaning of vehicle - depending on service (menu/options) ex: interior, exterior or engine bay.
    PAINT CORRECTION: is THE REDUCTION OR REMOVAL OF paint defects,VIA MACHINE, marring, etching, scratches, swirls so on.
    EXCEPTION a AIO (all in one) product applied by machine a true one step (Buff) clean polish & protect
    How a Dual Action/Random Orbital/Forced Rotation is much safer and just as effective as a Direct Drive Circular/Rotary
    Most people or places in my area (Town) are what you call car cleaners and most shops are using subpur products and equipment using filler polishes and doing correction (Hack work) by correcting a car in less than three hours some use same pad for compound and polish and charge rates less than standard rates ($35.00+ per hour) some will not even rewash after so called correction.
    Some sell rotary as only true way to correct paint
    Hope someone can show steps, explain and give general guide lines to help customers undestand,Tools,products and services I Even believe Renny Doyle book explains carpet cleaning (General) is separate from spot & stain carpet cleaning which is a higher cost service

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing vs Paint Correction explained

That video was rather painful to watch. His expertise is lost on me because the video is so bad. Not just the low resolution (which is forgivable given the year it was made) but the shaky camera, the poor sound, the somewhat rambling presentation, and even the tools being laid on the car. I wouldn't want someone to detail my car who doesn't care about the quality of his own presentation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trekkeruss View Post
    That video was rather painful to watch. His expertise is lost on me because the video is so bad. Not just the low resolution (which is forgivable given the year it was made) but the shaky camera, the poor sound, the somewhat rambling presentation, and even the tools being laid on the car. I wouldn't want someone to detail my car who doesn't care about the quality of his own presentation.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jakonrad View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    I concur, was in hope that they would of updated video since there have been major product and equipment changes & updates, I have a rotary but prefer my FLEX 3401 or Porter Cable XP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 215Detailing View Post
    The Difference between a Car detail & a Car Wash - auto detailing tips - YouTube
    Hope someone (Professional) can make a video
    that can be SHARED WITH CUSTOMERS to explain (show) how each is different as well as cost are different
    I try to explain that AUTO DETAILING IS: a thorough cleaning of vehicle - depending on service (menu/options) ex: interior, exterior or engine bay.
    PAINT CORRECTION: is THE REDUCTION OR REMOVAL OF paint defects,VIA MACHINE, marring, etching, scratches, swirls so on.
    EXCEPTION a AIO (all in one) product applied by machine a true one step (Buff) clean polish & protect
    How a Dual Action/Random Orbital/Forced Rotation is much safer and just as effective as a Direct Drive Circular/Rotary
    Most people or places in my area (Town) are what you call car cleaners and most shops are using subpur products and equipment using filler polishes and doing correction (Hack work) by correcting a car in less than three hours some use same pad for compound and polish and charge rates less than standard rates ($35.00+ per hour) some will not even rewash after so called correction.
    Some sell rotary as only true way to correct paint
    Hope someone can show steps, explain and give general guide lines to help customers undestand,Tools,products and services I Even believe Renny Doyle book explains carpet cleaning (General) is separate from spot & stain carpet cleaning which is a higher cost service
    I stated with exception of an AIO, I put the AIO in the DETAILING CATEGORY as in a sense that it's not major correction and similar to waxing, as to where correction would require several products (steps) or more to CORRECT ISSUES.
    So ONLY time I would use polishing machine for BASIC detailing is for AIO or WAXING both are less time consuming over tradition PAINT CORRECTIONS (sorry for any misunderstandings)
    Last edited by 215Detailing; 02-27-2014 at 08:37 AM. Reason: spelling error

Post Thanks / Like

I stated with exception of an AIO, I put the AIO in the DETAILING CATEGORY as in a sense that it's not major correction and similar to waxing, as to where correction would require several products (steps) or more to CORRECT ISSUES.
    So ONLY time I would use polishing machine for BASIC detailing is for AIO or WAXING both are less time consuming over tradition PAINT CORRECTIONS (sorry for any misunderstandings)
    Are you the author of this video? I am a bit confused here.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

That guy needs to get to the point. My policy is no videos over 1 minute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    Are you the author of this video? I am a bit confused here.

Thanks
    see above #4: I concur, was in hope that they would of updated video since there have been major product and equipment changes & updates, I have a rotary but prefer my FLEX 3401 or Porter Cable XP
    The video was what I found on youtube, This is someone elses idea of PAINT CORRECTION vs DETAILING which I view differently

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Is this guy for real I couldn't even watch the whole video!

Post Thanks / Like

see above #4: I concur, was in hope that they would of updated video since there have been major product and equipment changes & updates, I have a rotary but prefer my FLEX 3401 or Porter Cable XP
    The video was what I found on youtube, This is someone elses idea of PAINT CORRECTION vs DETAILING which I view differently
    Gotcha. He may no longer be in the detailing business and therefore, no need to update. Did anyone post a comment asking for an update or his thoughts about the new times? Who knows maybe he will respond.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast