autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Feedback on those who have tried Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating

Does it really last 3 years, or do you recommend sealing before 3 years are up? Thinking about sealing with this product and then covering my Gray Metallic Camry with the Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax. Wanting to get the metallic to really POP!

HOW does it do with other surfaces such as the windows, wheels & mirrors? For the windows, is it similar to Rain-X?

Thanks for the feedback

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feedback on those who have tried Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating

It hasn't been out very long - doubt anyone can attest to 3 years yet!
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feedback on those who have tried Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating

The PBL product line was introduced during SEMA this year so we do not have any long term reviews. I believe the 3 year claim is (at this point) based on chemistry and extrapolation of chemical breakdown under a variety of "normal" use. We shall know for sure once it has been 3 years

I did do a couple of reviews on the product line and did link them in my latest thread. You can see it in action for looks and function (in the thread with pics and vids provided)

Hope you enjoy

Show 'N Shine: 2012 Volvo S80 (Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating)

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Like others have said, it hasn't even been out six months so durability claims who knows. Keep in mind if you top a coating with a wax, you'll lose characteristics of the coating. Plus it'll attract more dust too. Something to consider.

If your goal is to make your flake pop, then really it's all in your prep work and polishing anyway, LSP's are icing on the cake, so polish and prep well for optimum results.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the PBL GLASS coating, approximately 3 months ago, still beading strong. Is it like rain-x? In principle yes, Except that it lasts much longer.

Post Thanks / Like

I applied BF BlackICE over PBL, it definitely changed the characteristics of the coating.

Mike Phillips

Here's a pretty well documented history of my own use with these new products.

Black Label Coating Detailer & Booster - Synergistic Chemical Compatibility

This car has only had the Surface Coating, Detailer & Booster used on it since we first purchased the car and buffed it out.

Blasting Bird Bombs at the Coin-Op Car Wash!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I had off yesterday and decided to try the Surface and glass coating. My Xpel PPF needed something on it so I first cleaned the car, then the hood. I used a cleaner from XPEL basically it smelled like and acted like IPA. It flashed real fast and left the film smooth but with no slick finish at all. I re did the painted hood surface with some Pinnacle Paint coating and then did all the PPF with the surface coating.

It came out great! I also used it on the black trim on the front lip of the car and my black chrome grill.
    The surface coating goes on fast, doesn't seem to flash as quick as the Paint coating, and spreads a long way.

I then moved on to the glass. I clayed the windows first and used a foam applicator. The shine is great, but no rain yet and it has only been 1 day.

The guys at work were out front this morning looking at it in amazement. I pulled out a baggy and had them feel the difference between the finish on my car and the finish on theirs... Guess who won?