autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: High quality production detailing by Mike Phillips

***Bump***

Need a clean URL

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Your right about that Mike. Everyone does have their own definition of the word bad, sometimes, "not that bad" means, "I'll get the job cheaper".

I need some of those work stands.

This Tahoe reminds me of a Suburban I recently did, except it took me 4 days. I did a one step polish with BF One Step and I did an interior cleaning as well.

I worked on it from Friday through Monday afternoon.

Here's some pics. the first one is a 50/50 shot. I wish I would have has the BEAST and those Rupes pads you mentioned to me.

Whats your honest opinion. I think I could have turned out a better result with the BEAST or SUPA BEAST. Maybe slightly more cut with a more powerful machine.

The lady was pretty happy though. High quality production detailing by Mike Phillips High quality production detailing by Mike Phillips

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

High quality production detailing by Mike Phillips

3. Likes PaulMys, jankerson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SWEET job Jake!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    SWEET job Jake!
    Thanks brother! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    SWEET job Jake!
    This time I didn't mess around. I taped off as much as my budget would allow for. and I got free news papers for the cover up as well. It was time VERY WELL spent my friend. I ain't jacking around with splatter dots again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN View Post
    Your right about that Mike. Everyone does have their own definition of the word bad, sometimes, "not that bad" means, "I'll get the job cheaper".

I need some of those work stands.

This Tahoe reminds me of a Suburban I recently did, except it took me 4 days.

Here's some pics. the first one is a 50/50 shot. I wish I would have has the BEAST and those Rupes pads you mentioned to me.

Whats your honest opinion. I think I could have turned out a better result with the BEAST or SUPA BEAST. Maybe slightly more cut with a more powerful machine.

The lady was pretty happy though. High quality production detailing by Mike Phillips High quality production detailing by Mike Phillips

A FLEX 3401 and the Lake Country Hydro CYAN pads or the Grey Force Hybrid would have made short work of that with Wolfgang Swirl Remover or Uber Compound then Polish with Finishing Glaze with the LC White Pads. Would save you a lot of time because those pads cut very fast, but they finish out very well, you could actually almost just LSP it after. Would save even more time in the 2nd polishing stage because it wouldn't take much to polish it.

Or Megs 105 then 205 for that matter.

9. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN, Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jankerson View Post
    A FLEX 3401 and the Lake Country Hydro CYAN pads or the Grey Force Hybrid would have made short work of that with Wolfgang Swirl Remover or Uber Compound then Polish with Finishing Glaze with the LC White Pads. Would save you a lot of time because those pads cut very fast, but they finish out very well, you could actually almost just LSP it after. Would save even more time in the 2nd polishing stage because it wouldn't take much to polish it.

Or Megs 105 then 205 for that matter.
    Well, they just paid me for a one step polishing package. Its called my Emerald Elite Package.

Ive corrected my post to include that I just did a one step polish.

I agree though, some type of compounding step paired with the 3401 would have made, "short work" of the job.

One thing I will say is that my shop is poorly lit and I stopped to clean my pads a bunch. So these two things slowed me down quite a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, they just paid me for a one step polishing package. Its called my Emerald Elite Package.

Ive corrected my post to include that I just did a one step polish.

I agree though, some type of compounding step paired with the 3401 would have made, "short work" of the job.

One thing I will say is that my shop is poorly lit and I stopped to clean my pads a bunch. So these two things slowed me down quite a bit.

OH, OK, one step..... On a swirled out black car...... OH man... Maybe Megs D151 and the LC Hybrid Orange PADs...... With the 3401.....

Yeah..... I see now that you changed it...

My area isn't all that perfect either, could be better, OH well I get by.

12. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jankerson View Post
    OH, OK, one step..... On a swirled out black car...... OH man... Maybe Megs D151 and the LC Hybrid Orange PADs...... With the 3401.....

Yeah..... I see now that you changed it...

My area isn't all that perfect either, could be better, OH well I get by.
    I get by as well. This is one thing I love about the forum is that I can get inspired by other detailers. Some how some way I always make it work. I can see you guys all do the same.

I just ordered a 5000 lumen adjustable tripod light. I'm also planning on getting a couple of Speedmaster Swirlfinder Pro lights, and I found a really cool high bay industrial LED light I'd like to try as well.

There are actually some cool threads here on the forum about lighting as well.

I switched up my techniques a little on a panel repair I did after the Suburban. I just waited until I was done before I rinsed out my pads with a garden hose and then put them.to soak in the BLACKFIRE Citrus Pad Cleaner.

There is some great information about pad cleaning in Mike's Book, The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine I believe the pad cleaning info starts on page 79.

I need a pad washer.

On the Suburban I walked back and forth, rinsed and then put the pad in the solution after each panel because I thought the product would dry in the pads and I wouldn't be able to get it out, and I wanted to cycle my pads out so I would always have fresh pads.

I should have just waited until I had used up six of them, rinsed with the hose, taken a break and let the pads soak for about 20 minutes and then rinsed them out again with the hose, spun them out and put them on the pad.dryer.

I might have to try the Meguiar's D151 one of these days. Though I typically use BF One Step. Iike trying out all kinds of stuff, and I am usually impressed with Meguiar's products.

Post Thanks / Like

I get by as well. This is one thing I love about the forum is that I can get inspired by other detailers. Some how some way I always make it work. I can see you guys all do the same.

I just ordered a 5000 lumen adjustable tripod light. I'm also planning on getting a couple of Speedmaster Swirlfinder Pro lights, and I found a really cool high bay industrial LED light I'd like to try as well.

There are actually some cool threads here on the forum about lighting as well.

I switched up my techniques a little on a panel repair I did after the Suburban. I just waited until I was done before I rinsed out my pads with a garden hose and then put them.to soak in the BLACKFIRE Citrus Pad Cleaner.

There is some great information about pad cleaning in Mike's Book, The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine I believe the pad cleaning info starts on page 79.

I need a pad washer.

On the Suburban I walked back and forth, rinsed and then put the pad in the solution after each panel because I thought the product would dry in the pads and I wouldn't be able to get it out, and I wanted to cycle my pads out so I would always have fresh pads.

I should have just waited until I had used up six of them, rinsed with the hose, taken a break and let the pads soak for about 20 minutes and then rinsed them out again with the hose, spun them out and put them on the pad.dryer.

I might have to try the Meguiar's D151 one of these days. Though I typically use BF One Step. Iike trying out all kinds of stuff, and I am usually impressed with Meguiar's products.

I hear you on the lights.

Megs D151 cuts fast, I believe it's still the most aggressive AIO out there, I could be wrong, but it is made for high volume production work.

Use it with the LC Hydro or Hybrid Pads as it will soak the more normal older type pads.

Normally about 3 passes or so and done a section, like I said it works fast... About as fast or faster as WG Swirl Remover, but it's an AIO....

Hope you don't mind pink though.

15. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast