autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Mind Blowing - Rupes Blue Foam Cutting Pad and Zephir Gloss Coarse Gel Compound

Mind Blowing - Rupes Blue Foam Cutting Pad and Zephir Gloss Coarse Gel Compound

Something that was absolutely mind blowing at SEMA was demonstrating the RUPES Duetto with the RUPES COARSE blue foam cutting pad on a BLACK demonstration panel.

The paint was flawless and looked like we just removed a show car wax.

Did this over and over and over and over again for 4 day in a row, thousands of eyeballs watching under incredibly bright lights. Here's a picture or the RUPES Duetto with their coarse, blue foam cutting pad and our black demo panel.

Anyone watching we would first have them FEEL a clean, blue Rupes foam cutting pad. They would always say,

WOW!

Because it feels so aggressive and scratchy. Then I would do the demo, wipe off the residue and voilà --> a show car finish. How can a pad so course and sharp finish out so nice on black paint?

It's MIND BLOWING.

Can I get a witness? We had plenty of forum members stop by the booth and watch the demo.

Mike Phillips

Re: Mind Blowing - Rupes Blue Foam Cutting Pad and Zephir Gloss Coarse Gel Compound

Here's a closer look at these pads....

Mike Phillips

Re: Mind Blowing - Rupes Blue Foam Cutting Pad and Zephir Gloss Coarse Gel Compound

RUPES COMPLETE PAINT POLISHING SYSTEM

RUPES offers a complete polishing system to go with their polishers including 4 different liquid with color matching caps to go with forum different foam buffing pads offering different levels of aggressiveness or non-aggressiveness.

From the most to the least aggressive...

Zephir Gloss - Coarse Compound - Blue Lid & Blue Foam Pad
    Zephir Gloss is engineered to be used with the aggressive blue foam cutting pad to remove deeper below surface paint defects while polishing out to a hologram-free finish. Zephir Gloss is aggressive enough to remove down to P1500 sanding marks.

Quarz Gloss - Medium Cut Polish - Green Lid & Green Foam Pad
    Quarz Gloss is engineered to be used with the medium aggressive green foam polishing pad to remove medium depth below surface paint defects while polishing out to a clear, high gloss finish. Quarz Gloss is aggressive enough to remove down to P2500 sanding marks.

Keramik Gloss - Fine Cut Polish - Yellow Lid & Yellow Foam Pad
    Keramik Gloss is engineered to be used with the soft yellow foam finishing pad to remove fine or shallow below surface paint defects while polishing out to an LSP-ready, flawless show room new finish.

Diamond - Ultra Fine Cut Polish - White Lid & White Foam Pad
    Diamond is engineered to be used with the ultra soft foam finishing pad to remove maximize gloss, clarity, depth and shine. Diamond Ultra Fine Cut Polish is an optional step for anyone looking to create a true show car finish.

On Autogeek.net

Rupes LHR21ES Random Orbit Polisher

Rupes Zephir Gloss Coarse Gel Compound 500 ml.

Rupes Quarz Gloss Medium Gel Compound 500 ml.

Rupes Keramik Gloss Fine Gel Polish 500 ml.

Rupes Diamond Ultra Fine Gel Polish 500 ml.

RUPES Color Matched 7" Foam Buffing Pads

All RUPES Polishers, Pads and Polishes

4. Thanks tracy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rupes system is the way to go. Even a dummy like me can get good results.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the article Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Even a dummy like me can get good results.
    Right..... You mean professional. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to try out my rupes system. Hurry up spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, they are color coordinated? Why didn't someone tell me???

You are 100% correct Mike. Scary at first to see such an aggressive looking pad but as you pointed out, the results speak for themselves

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

The more I read about Rupes as a company, the more I friggin love this company! Awesome! I'm barely over the mind blowing performance of my Rupes 21!

Mike Phillips

After taking the close-up pictures of the heavy cut blue Rupes foam cutting pads it jogged my memory.

I remembered I took a picture of another foam pad with a similar type of foam...

Kompressor Pads

The first machine step I'm going to use on the 1973 Lincoln Continental is the 6" Purple Heavy Cutting Pad. This is a very aggressive cutting pad in and of itself but used carefully it can be used safely and successfully on vintage paints.

The reason I chose this pad is because the loops of foam fibers offer good cleaning and scrubbing action and the face of the pad is slotted or tabbed and this gives the pad the ability to flex and contort to the shape of the panel being buffed.

Another benefit to the slotted tabs is when you clean this pad on a Pad Washer the tabs separate and release any built-up polish residue and paint residue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mike, do you have any before and after pictures?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast