autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Mind Blowing - Rupes Blue Foam Cutting Pad and Zephir Gloss Coarse Gel Compound

Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    Hey Mike, do you have any before and after pictures?

Before and after using the blue pad on the black demo hood?

Not really but the hood is out in the garage so it's easy enough to repeat.

We did this everyday at Mobil Tech Expo with HUNDREDS of people watching and even doing the polishing work themselves... it seem like between the people that saw this demo at SEMA and the people that saw this demo at MTE that are also members of this forum, well it seems just as powerful as a picture would be for one of these people to simply chime in and post what they saw first hand.

Can I get a witness?

Post Thanks / Like
    The zephir compound is exceptional. Cuts very fast and finishes very clear. I like using it with a wool pad and rotary (I know this is backwards, but it works great for sanding marks and comes very close to halo free). The blue pad on a 21 is very aggressive. On some paints it does leave DA micro marring. Overall I like the compound.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mind Blowing - Rupes Blue Foam Cutting Pad and Zephir Gloss Coarse Gel Compound

That purple kompressor pad used with a pad washer can carry away cups of oxidized paint in a hurry. I'm glad you mentioned it last year in one of your write ups. It was a huge time saver when I worked on the '59 Buick flat top. You're the gift that keeps on giving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Before and after using the blue pad on the black demo hood?

Not really but the hood is out in the garage so it's easy enough to repeat.

We did this everyday at Mobil Tech Expo with HUNDREDS of people watching and even doing the polishing work themselves... it seem like between the people that saw this demo at SEMA and the people that saw this demo at MTE that are also members of this forum, well it seems just as powerful as a picture would be for one of these people to simply chime in and post what they saw first hand.

Can I get a witness?

I'm not doubting you in any way at all. I just like a visual!

Post Thanks / Like

Can those pads be used on other polishers, or are they bespoke to Rupes?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post

I'm not doubting you in any way at all. I just like a visual!
    Oh I know... and I never mind if someone does doubt, that's how we're wired.

It's just so many people watched for 4 days straight at SEMA and 2 full days plus the Thursday "Education Day" that I know we have forum members that have both seen the demo and in some cases I put the polisher in their hands and let them do it.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I like better than Zephir on Rupes blue pads is Scholl Concept's S3 Gold. It just seems smoother and more refined to me. I also like Zephir on Rupes green pads very much.
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by TundraPower View Post
    The only thing I like better than Zephir on Rupes blue pads is Scholl Concept's S3 Gold. It just seems smoother and more refined to me. I also like Zephir on Rupes green pads very much.

Kind of like this,

The Graphic Equalizer Analogy to Polishing Paint

Mike Phillips

Going through my PM's and get a question from a brand new member that goes like this,

Is it normal for the Blue Pad and FG 500 being as abrasive as it is to finish to such a high gloss or is that just BMW paint ?

I just copied and pasted the blue clickable link to this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

I too was skeptical when I pulled the Blue pad out of the pack. I thought,"Man, this thing may cut, but it is going to cause some hazing." Well, I emailed TundraPower about it and he said, "Trust me, use it, one of the best pads they make." So, I was working on the Black X5 top and it had some nice swirls and water spots, so I said "What the Heck!" and put the blue pad on with FG400 and just like what you have said, amazing results.

HUMP

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast