autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Silly Question....

Can I store my waxes, polishes, sealants, and all other chemicals in my garage? Now, I live in south florida where it gets very humid, and the thought of me leaving the stuff in a plastic container box all through out the year doesn't make me comfortable. Why, I can just see the humidity breakdown the products within 3 months and I'm out a lot of money worth of products. I'm currently storing the products in a bedroom closet, but room is getting tight. Also, the garage door is open often, whether I'm working on my car, lawn, or garage. Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Silly Question....

Quote Originally Posted by Sixbanger View Post
    Can I store my waxes, polishes, sealants, and all other chemicals in my garage? Now, I live in south florida where it gets very humid, and the thought of me leaving the stuff in a plastic container box all through out the year doesn't make me comfortable. Why, I can just see the humidity breakdown the products within 3 months and I'm out a lot of money worth of products. I'm currently storing the products in a bedroom closet, but room is getting tight. Also, the garage door is open often, whether I'm working on my car, lawn, or garage. Suggestions?
    How warm does it get in your garage? I don't see why humidity would ruin any products that are in capped bottles or jugs. Major temperature swings would be more likely to ruin products.

Post Thanks / Like

If things are properly sealed, a bit of humidity won't cause any problems. In a sealed container, extremes of temperature (in your case heat) are more likely to be an issue. We are all very aware that products can freeze if they get too cold but one major component of cleaners works the other way and you get separation at higher temperatures. It is much less common and most products will be fine up to and beyond 40 degrees, but you are best not leaving products to those sorts of conditions if you can at all avoid it.

Post Thanks / Like

Normall heat or humidity doesn't effect products, on the hand freezing could and in some case ruin waxes, polishes, etc.
    I'm sort of lucky being I have my very on mancave which is heated and cooled

Post Thanks / Like

I keep all compounds, polishes, sealants, wax, etc. inside year round. Spring to fall I'll leave my wash soaps, APC, other cleaners, etc. in the garage, but those come inside for the winter too.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

I'm born and raised Miami, FL. Never had an issue with storing products in the garage, in a plastic container OR up on shelves (I do both). You should be fine. I'm currently in GA, that's a different story with the cold!