autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Back in Black! 1969 GTO!!!

awesome car! looks amazing. i love the look of single stage paint for older cars.

Den, were you happy with your experience regarding the shop that did the work? it turned out great. i realize there might be forum rules not allowing advertisement of businesses, so if it can't be posted here, please PM me. i have an older car that needs paint (read that as i want closer to show car finish than maaco) , and i'm trying to get an idea of options.

Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stunning. Great work combined with determination and learning from the best in business, always pays off. This is once again a great example.
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by LJR View Post

awesome car! looks amazing. i love the look of single stage paint for older cars.

Den, were you happy with your experience regarding the shop that did the work? it turned out great.
    I'll let Den take your above question...

Quote Originally Posted by LJR View Post

i realize there might be forum rules not allowing advertisement of businesses, so if it can't be posted here, please PM me. i have an older car that needs paint (read that as i want closer to show car finish than maaco) , and i'm trying to get an idea of options.
    The shop that did Den's GTO is Wayne's Collision. I just barely know Wayne. I've invited him and any of his guys multiple times to our Thursday night car projects but in 4 years no takers.

Wayne's shop did the work on this old 2-door Ford...

Blown 1934 Ford Pick-up - Show Car Makeover - Modeled by Kristin

On the other hand, my buddy Paul Grosso not only has attended our Thursday night projects and brought his staff, he's also attended and paid for his employee to attend my two-day detailing boot camp class.

Pictures & Comments from May 5th & 6th Detailing Boot Camp

That would be Paul Grosso at Grosso's Garage and I highly recommend him for custom paint and body work on classics, streetrods and muscle cars.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM. Paul has done paint and body work for me and I've always been impressed. I know he's also done some paint work for Tommy's award winning 1970 Cuda.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, when you're right, you're right... That single stage black paint is something else!

I hope you look at his work as validation (not that you need any ) that all the time and effort that you spend day in and day out, really does pay off and allow novices to achieve in their garage what used to be only possible in the hands of skilled craftsmen.

I know that you have helped me, and thousands like me, through the computer so I can only imagine the type of education I would be getting if I were participating in these details, rather than just reading the write-ups.

Thanks for doing what you do, and sharing it with the community. I know my life would be radically changed if I couldn't refer back to your articles on demand.

As always, looking forward to your next one.

Happy detailing!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Radarryan View Post
    Mike, when you're right, you're right... That single stage black paint is something else!

I hope you look at his work as validation (not that you need any ) that all the time and effort that you spend day in and day out, really does pay off and allow novices to achieve in their garage what used to be only possible in the hands of skilled craftsmen.

I know that you have helped me, and thousands like me, through the computer so I can only imagine the type of education I would be getting if I were participating in these details, rather than just reading the write-ups.

Thanks for doing what you do, and sharing it with the community. I know my life would be radically changed if I couldn't refer back to your articles on demand.

As always, looking forward to your next one.

Happy detailing!

Thank you for all the kind words Ryan... while I don't need any validation it's alway nice to feel appreciated in the industry. Years ago I made up my mind that I was in this for the long run, that is I'm a car guy and my passion is detailing cars and showing others how to detail cars and I'll do this till I retire or die.

I've seen a LOT of shooting start come and go... usually after causing a disturbance in the force...

Not me... I'm in this for the long run. So after putting in a hard day's work each and everyday, usually helping people I'll never meet outside the forum world to be successful in their garage it's always nice to be appreciated.

That all said.... I have bad news... last time I spoke with Den he had some engine issues and he might not be able to have his car here at Detail Fest.

I'll touch bases with him to get the latest update because if possible, it would be great to have his car parked next to Tommy's Cuda so people can see hat a show car finish is supped to look like...

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, saw your comment in "Back in Black" thread. Engine is back. Start today putting everything back together. Jay (my mechanic) still thinks we have a shot at making the Detail Fest as long as nothing unexpected happens. That's still a big if as we had to take just about everything out of the engine bay to get the engine out and all that has to be tested, etc. It would be very special to be there and also be next to Tommy's cars as this is the only show I'll ever have the GTO at. Didn't build it to be a show car, just doing this because of everything I've learned there and all the great new friends I've met. However, our cars sitting there side by side would be a vivid example of what the 'A' Team does on Thursday nights. Sure hope I make it! Thanks, Den

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by boomer1649 View Post

Start today putting everything back together.
    Good to hear!

I love turning wrenches, especially when everything is already all cleaned up and pretty. I wish I could come give you a hand but I've already made plans.

Fingers are crossed you can get her all put back together and all dialed-in.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear it Den. Dont forget the oil and anti-freeze.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234