autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Qualified Detailer needed in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Qualified Detailer needed in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Just received a phone call from a friend in the car industry and he's in need of a knowledgeable, qualified detailer in the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina area to remove what sounds like water spots out of a 1996 Corvette Grand Sport.

From his description of what happened, my guess is these are imprint rings like you see below from this article on water spots. Click the link and scroll down till you see the red car.

How To Remove Sprinkler Water Spots

Water Spot Imprint Rings

Chances are good, a medium cut to fine cut, machine-applied polish will effectively remove the imprint rings. And of course afterwards the Corvette will need to be sealed with a wax or paint sealant.

Qualified Detailer Needed
    If you feel qualified to take on this job or at least take a look at the car and evaluate the finish and provide an estimate the please reply to this thread.

Thank you!

Mike Phillips

Re: Qualified Detailer needed in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Simple request...

If someone has some free time, can they look through this thread and see if we have anyone that's added their name from the Myrtle Beach area. I really need someone that has a known "Posting History" on this forum and is of known good character.

Professional Detailers list

I'd do it myself but I'm working on an offline project with a hot deadline...

Thank you ahead of time...

Post Thanks / Like

Closest member I know of is Sparkie who's in Gaffney,SC (bout 4 1/2 hrs from MB). Here is his photobucket albulm to look through sparkymm6's Library | Photobucket
    worth a shot/shout, gl.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by wytstang View Post

Closest member I know of is Sparkie who's in Gaffney,SC (bout 4 1/2 hrs from MB).

That's too far in my book to drive for both an estimate and a detail job. (I've driven further for a M Series Thunderbird but was killing two birds with one stone).

I have a lead for a non-forum member in that area given to me by a friend I trust. I'll let this thread go until tomorrow to give the opportunity to an AGO forum member with a good posting history and if there's no one available I'll let this other guy know.

If anyone can think of anyone on our forum that's near to Myrtle Beach, shoot them a PM or an e-mail and give them the link to this thread.

Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like
    When is he looking? Me and a fellow detailer will be down there shortly and could help out possibly.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about 2 and a half hours away.... And it's the beach, who doesn't like going to the beach? I have no issues with checking it out and the ol' lady has been begging me to go there.

I don't post a whole lot because I believe in using the search function and there's no need to repeat what somebody else has already said. But that's just me.

https://www.facebook.com/AutoEnvyLLC
    My website is under construction but I can provide the address if requested.

-Scott
    Auto Envy
    910-689-3470

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Mt. Pleasant, SC right by Charleston. I am only about 1hr 15 min away from Myrtle Beach. I won Platinum award for best paint at last years Celebration Exotic Car Festival for my work on the 5303ce Corvette. It's the owners daily driver and he neglected it too much for us to be a repeat winner this year. I am the only detailer whom has ever touched that car 5303ce.com - The Official Site for the 5303ce I've wet sanded spots on Bentleys, Mercedes, etc. and even done a few whole car orange peel effect removals. A bit more extreme than whats required here. Being that I live in the coastal area of Charleston, SC water spot removal is a daily occurance for me. Sign me up! I'd be happy to spend the day with his vehicle. Judd Sahr 843-225-7661 Charleston Elite Detailing - Home

Mike Phillips

Just to chime in...

I see we've had multiple people reply to this thread and throw their hat into the ring.

I've also had 2-3 people Private Message me offering to take this project on.

I prefer people to reply to the thread versus PM me although I know why one guy chose to contact me privately.

I've sent the link to this thread to the guy in charge of hiring someone. My offer and even promise to him was I would post a thread making the offer and then since he has the link to the thread he would be able to see the forum members that reply to the thread.

I appreciate everyone that's replied to this thread and so far I think everyone is qualified for this job because I really don't think it's going to be that hard, especially if it's only Imprint Rings and not full blown Type II Crater Etchings.

I'll let this thread run till Friday and then let the guy in charge decide. I've sent him a copy of my how-to book and pointed out that on page 4-5 it points out how thin factory clear coat paints are. This is important because he's trusting us to get a person that does in fact know what they are doing so that while the spots are removed, the car is not left a swirled out mess with holograms from the mis-use of a rotary buffer.

This will be a good job with some bragging rights mostly on the level of earning trust, not removing the spots.

So it's not too late to throw your hat in the ring and I'll let the forum member that is chosen know on Friday and then put you in contact with the customer.

And this my firends... is the power of a quality discussion forum...

Mike Phillips

Heard back from the guy at Corvette Mike's, this is the guy that was looking for a Pro do tackle this Corvette project, here's what he said,

Mike,

Judd Sahr did an excellent job for our customer. I would definitely use him again if I need someone in his geographic area.

Thanks again for your help on this matter.

Bill Kotzum
    Corvette Mike Midwest

And here's what Judd had to say...

NOTE: This was a Private Message and I called Judd and obtained his permission before sharing the below on the "public" side of the forum.

In case anyone doesn't know this, a private message is just that, it's private. Before you share a private message with anyone else or post it to a forum you should always get permission first. To not get permission first is a breach of trust as well as a few other things...

Quote Originally Posted by sahrcar
    Hi Mike,

Just wanted to say thank you for choosing me for the Myrtle Beach assignment to tend to the Grand Sport Corvette. I took care of it this weekend and revitalized it's show car status. That car definitely needed a true professional's touch!

After several progressions, I finally had to bring out the 1500 grit papers to fully eliminate the water damage. The truck driver got his load wet and then just wiped the vehicles off quickly, covered with plastic sheeting and then let them sit in the sun for 3 days... Yikes!

I tried every way possible to avoid having to wet sand a vehicle of that status but after 3.5 hours of polishing it was becoming evident to me that that was the only way. The buyer and seller of the car were both ecstatic that the vehicle did not have to be repainted after all.

Thanks again for the referral and please let me know if I can assist with any future projects! Some upcoming projects of my own include a Ferrari Testarossa, Aston Martin Vanquish, and then hopefully a pair of classic GT40's as well. Thanks!

Judd Sahr
    Charleston Elite Detailing

Thank you Judd for the professional work you did to restore the finish on this Corvette and thank you for your permission to share your PM in this thread.

For everyone reading this into the future...

Remember, your posting history can help you or hurt you, I recommend taking the high road all the time. Conduct yourself in a professional manner in both the real world and the cyber world, especially if you're in this for the long run.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also looking for a good detailer in the MB - Murrells Inlet area for a wrecked interior on an Audi. If you know someone or you are that someone please hit me up. It's my car but a friend is taking care of it for me while I'm stationed here in Japan.