autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My wheels are stained, need help!

Hey I just registered recently but ive been around for sometime. So today i cleaned my car and wheels and i ended up using Armor All Extreme Wheel and Tire Cleaner on my polished uncoated wheels (i wasn't thinking!). I let it sit for about 30 seconds and when I sprayed it off with water it left chemical looking stains that i cant seem to get off with anything. I tried: soap and water, mothers aluminum polish, super clean degreaser, truck box polish and nothing is working. What do i do?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My wheels are stained, need help!

Have you tried a metal polish yet. I'm not a fan of Armorall anything really

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I used the truck box metal polish with the mothers powercone and that helped. Though i cant seem to get it to come back to the shine I had before. I ordered flitz metal polish, I'll see what happens when i use that. So bummed.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I had some staining on factory ford wheels. but I used somethings I assume way more potent . Meg's wheel brightener and iron x paste . which one of these did the staining , idk . all I needed was some Meg's ultimate polish on a power cone and bing bong jack . hope it clears up for ya .

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah im hoping to get similar results with the flitz. Ill try the meguiars if flitz doesnt take care of it. Thanks for the response.

Post Thanks / Like

DANG!!!!! on CCWs too.. Fawwkkkkkkkkk

Gl!

Post Thanks / Like

Are these cleared aluminum wheels ! I would contact CCW also about this issue ! What CCW recommends maintenance wise on their wheels .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
    I used the truck box metal polish with the mothers powercone and that helped. Though i cant seem to get it to come back to the shine I had before. I ordered flitz metal polish, I'll see what happens when i use that. So bummed.....
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
    Hey I just registered recently but ive been around for sometime. So today i cleaned my car and wheels and i ended up using Armor All Extreme Wheel and Tire Cleaner on my polished uncoated wheels (i wasn't thinking!). I let it sit for about 30 seconds and when I sprayed it off with water it left chemical looking stains that i cant seem to get off with anything. I tried: soap and water, mothers aluminum polish, super clean degreaser, truck box polish and nothing is working. What do i do?

Judging from these pics, you have a lack of proper maintenance, and product selection issue. No need for heavy acids unless you're planning to restore.

If I had to deal with this issue using your at hand products, I'd reapply the AA product, quickly agitate with either a soft towel, mitt, or boars hair brush. Then immediately rinse, and towel dry. No dwelling. One wheel at a time. Then proceed with the Mothers product on a soft cotton towel.

The best product off the shelf, IMO, to remove the burn is NEVRDULL after reapplying the AA product as described.

The truck box product, along with the power cone/Mothers product has very little cut, and chemical cleaning ability. You need a product that has just the right amount of cut to remove the scale, mineral deposits, and burn. Go too aggressive and you'll wind up with shiny scratches.
    Not aggressive enough, mineral deposits will remain.

After you have it all cleaned and polished, stick to a specific regimine of car wash shampoo cleaning only. Top with a thin coat of 845 or maintain with the NEVRDULL.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great response, thank you for the tips! I actually tried reapplying the AA and letting it sit for like 15 seconds and than tried rubbing it off with a microfiber to no avail. So I went ahead and ordered some nevrdull and i will keep you updated on what happens. What do you recommend as a applicator? I just use microfiber towels.

Post Thanks / Like

NEVRDULL is a cotton-batting, chemical pregnated product. No applicator needed.
    Just tear off a small piece and get to work. Flip the wad, similar to folding clay, as you progress...and wear disposable gloves.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast