autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Mille --- pads

Hii

I like many other are torn between buying the Rupes mille or Rupes LHR 21 m II with 6 oem backplate + 5 inch backplate.

But some questions I can not find answers to. I have read 3 of your books inc. flex 3401, where you allow different types of pads.

I am using scholl consepts s40, s30 and s20 black and Sonax perfect finish. s40 and Sonax I use Rupes pads and with Scholl s30 and s20 I use Scholl spider pads.

The pro and cons with Rupes mille is for me:

1. No unbalance when using different pads if possible ?
    2. The shorter throw in the forced rotation make it easier to get around tight places
    3. Some claim the mille gives better finish than the lhr21 with 5 inch back plate?

Rupes do not recommend to add 5 inch backplate on the lhr 21 MII and I do not know how it will react on the different Rupes and Scholl pads.

On the other hand I have not found any feedback on how the Mille is when using ordinary Rupes 130/150 and 150/180 pads and the Scholl 140 and 175 spider pads

I do understand that when you use a lot of pressure, the thinner pads are best, however with ordinary polishing with light pressure I guess it will work with other pads too?

In your book on Rupes bigfoot you mention that you had one lhr21 with 5 inch backplate, but no further inf. on how it react on the pads etc.

If it is possible to use the Mille with the ordinary pads and polish I already are using. Then I will go for the Mille, if not, maybe the Lhr21.

Do you with your experience have any short feedback on Pads when it comes to Mille etc.

I already to the lhr 75, duetto and lhr 15 MII. I would like to change the lhr 15 to Mille or Lhr21

The big question for me is Mille or Lhr 21 based on Pads. However I do like the thought of Mille a lot.

I am looking forward to your feedback, if you got time.

sincerely

Gov

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Mille --- pads

If you go the Mille route, stick with the Mille pads. They are thin pads, but made for the Mille.

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy my Mille but I will recommend you stay with Mille / Rupes pads. I love my 3401 and the Hybrid Force and Hexlogic Pads I use with it but on the Mille they tend to jump and well....behave like the 3401 vs the Mille Smmmooooth running that it has with the proper pads.

I do use Rupes Green pads which are a bit thicker but they take a beating on the Mille. Jury is still out for me using them on it but I bought two more new ones to add to the mix in hopes that changing them out more often will help. One per panel now vs one every two panels. The yellow and white ones are great though. Unit is really smooth and noticeably faster than my Flex.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I personally love the Mille pads. I don’t have the Mille machine, but use them on my Rupes 15 MK2, GG21, Duetto and GV6. They just make the machine feel so much better and are quite possibly the nicest foam pads I’ve ever used.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

tanks for all the feedback I have got, and after reading the tread , Tech Tips with Todd - Choosing a Polisher - RUPES USA, and since i got a large stock of Rupes pad, Sonax and Scholl polish, I think I will end up and buy a Lhr 21 mark II and try it with a 5 inch pad and use this together with the oem 6inch when needed.

Tanks for all feedback

Sincerely

Gov

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Gov View Post

Hi

I like many other are torn between buying the Rupes mille or Rupes LHR 21 m II with 6 oem backplate + 5 inch backplate.

But some questions I can not find answers to. I have read 3 of your books inc. flex 3401, where you allow different types of pads.

I am looking forward to your feedback, if you got time.

sincerely

Gov

Hi Gov,

First - thank you for purchasing 3 of the 5 books I've written, I appreciate your trust.

Before answering or trying to answer any of the questions you've asked, let me start with a question.

What type of detailing do you mostly do?

1. Production detailing for customers?
    2. Show car detailing for customers?
    3. Detailing your own vehicles?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hii

I am Detailing 3 cars and a few boats.

However after consider some feedback and went through your books, ( and including that I already have 4 other Rupes machines with the dual action system, and a whole lot of new pads). I got an offer on a new Lhr21 Mark II for a price no one can beat. And the machine incl. 5 inch backing plate become much lower in $ than a Mille ever would.

Therefore I took the chance to buy the Lhr 21 MII, since I never work with heavy defects etc. And I have never had problem with stalling. And the story is when I went from Air polishers to my First Mark II I destroyed a lot of pads. This due to it was much more powerful than the first edition. With The lhr 15 MII I operate between 3-4 and the pad last for a long time.

Back to the subject I think that the Lhr 21 MII will serve my purpose, and maybe next time I will look at the Mille.

I Appreciate your videos and tutorials which have learn me a lot of the technique using the Rupes machines.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, and I belive that I have done the right choice with the lhr21 MII.

Sincerely

Gov

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Gov View Post

Hii

I am Detailing 3 cars and a few boats.

However after consider some feedback and went through your books, ( and including that I already have 4 other Rupes machines with the dual action system, and a whole lot of new pads).

I got an offer on a new Lhr21 Mark II for a price no one can beat. And the machine incl. 5 inch backing plate become much lower in $ than a Mille ever would.

Gov

Congratulations on the new BigFoot 21 Mark II !

I used one of these on Saturday to machine polish the PPF on a clear bra.

Great tool!