autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing How-To Book and Detailing How-To E-book

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Revised version with new chapters and information.

Hello Mike,

I am getting ready to place an order for the sweet deal today.

I have a similar question to your answer to the gentleman's question regarding your two books.

The art of detailing vs Show car shine...

I would like to purchase the combo book set with Mr. Doyle's book, and am having a difficult time choosing between The art of detailing or the Show car shine book.

With your answer above being it's a revised version of your first book, will I be missing information from your first book if I order the Show car shine book?

Thank you!
    Stephan

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Oceans05 View Post
    Hello Mike,

I am getting ready to place an order for the sweet deal today.

I have a similar question to your answer to the gentleman's question regarding your two books.

The art of detailing vs Show car shine...

I would like to purchase the combo book set with Mr. Doyle's book, and am having a difficult time choosing between The art of detailing or the Show car shine book.

With your answer above being it's a revised version of your first book, will I be missing information from your first book if I order the Show car shine book?

Thank you!
    Stephan

Hi Stephan,

The Art of Detailing is the first edition. It has tons of information.

The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine is the second edition. It has everything that the first edition has PLUS more tools, products and techniques.

If you only get one book, then get the second edition. We stock the first edition for a number of reasons and one of the reason is simply because some people want the first edition and the second edition.

I've been posting how-to information on car detailing to the Internet since 1994. That's 20 years now and almost 21 years in just a few months. I don't know anyone else that can make that claim.

Here's a Toyota website that posted an article I wrote in 1994 to their website. Notice in the header, it shows not only the date, but where I worked at the time and that was Hewlett-Packard. I was on the "Internet" the masses even new what it was... and I was posting how-to articles on how to polish paint.

This article is kind of embarrassing because I typed this up in a software program that didn't have a Spell Checking feature and while I know how to spell I whipped this out and posted it to the Usenet Newsgroup rec.autos.misc, (most of you won't even know what this is), and someone at the MR2.com website snagged it from there and it's been on their website ever since. That's 20 years now....

How to polish paint by hand by Mike Phillips

So from my work, (showing guys how to make their cars look good using a keyboard), I've made friends with tens of thousands of people over the decades helping them to learn the art of polishing paint in specific and the craft of detailing cars in general and some of these people like my work and want both copies.

It can seem redundant to some but hey... one simple rule to marketing is give people what they want. One of my managers once taught me,

"Don't spend other people's money"

What he means by that is people know what they want so let them buy it. Don't try to make their decisions for them....

Just to note... I sent out both editions to a Product Manager for a HUGE corporation yesterday that is doing research into the detailing market. He's going to have his staff read both versions.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike for your detailed response! I have since received both copy's of your book and both of them are extremely helpful to an aspiring side business auto detailer!

Stephan

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike,

With the new iPhone 6 plus being released any chance of your book being compatible with it? I'm looking to get started to taking care of my 14 year old paint on my Honda civic and I see that your iBook is a complete version with bonus features.

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered my copy, cannot wait to read it.
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Oceans05 View Post

Thank you Mike for your detailed response! I have since received both copy's of your book and both of them are extremely helpful to an aspiring side business auto detailer!

Stephan
    You're welcome and and I'm glad you like the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes1 View Post

Just ordered my copy, cannot wait to read it.

Love to hear your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Here are MY thoughts:

Great book. Very informative. I bought a version for the Kindle and was loving it, but knew something was missing (pics, maybe?).

After learning about the interactive format of the iBook, I knew I had to buy that version as well. Yes, I bought two versions. Not only that, I HAD to upgrade my Macbook from Snow Leopard to Yosemite in order to be able to read the iBook. It was so worth it.

My only complaint: I wish I would have done it sooner! It would have saved me countless hours of searching the internet, reading forum articles, reviews, youtube videos, etc.

Thanks Mike, for putting out an excellent book. I just might add the paperback version down the line (if still avail)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike hope you can come up with the E-book of flex xc 3401 book thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm old school here. Give me a book or a magazine that has actual paper pages that I can turn. Never have to adjust brightness for outdoor reading & never a battery to recharge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    I'm old school here. Give me a book or a magazine that has actual paper pages that I can turn. Never have to adjust brightness for outdoor reading & never a battery to recharge.
    Ya know, I have several books including Mike's and Renny's in both paper and electronic format. Some information is so worth having that it doesn't hurt to have a choice of how you ingest it one bit.

Peace,

Darrin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast