autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Applicator Foam pad to use for Tire Gel?

Hi everyone! sorry for the lame question, but i was wondering which foam applicator pad would be recommendable to use for a tire gel? because i recently used two different ones but they seemed to soak up the gel and it barely got on the tire!

Eagle One Zwipes (first one)
    Auto Zone applicator pad

Which Applicator Foam pad to use for Tire Gel?-img_20130501_215652-jpg

Which Applicator Foam pad to use for Tire Gel?-img_20130501_215701-jpg

Which Applicator Foam pad to use for Tire Gel?-img_20130501_215729-jpg

Which Applicator Foam pad to use for Tire Gel?-img_20130501_215735-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Applicator Foam pad to use for Tire Gel?

I bought extra meguiars foam applicator pads that I use just for tire dressings. They work really well I think. They are inexpensive too. They seem to work well with meguiars endurance tire dressing, mothers back to black tire shine, or meguiars hot shine tire spray. Its up to you, but I think any foam applicator pad that is round would work fine =].

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chevycruze View Post
    I bought extra meguiars foam applicator pads that I use just for tire dressings. They work really well I think. They are inexpensive too. They seem to work well with meguiars endurance tire dressing, mothers back to black tire shine, or meguiars hot shine tire spray. Its up to you, but I think any foam applicator pad that is round would work fine =].
    thanks!! :] or maybe i just didn't put enough! i did like a straight line across the pad

Post Thanks / Like

This my new go to pad for tires.
    Flex Foam Tire Detailing Bundle

Post Thanks / Like

Your welcome =]. I haven't tried any other foam applicator pad but im sure they are all the same lol. Ive even went to my local chevy dealer and bought some plain foam applicator pads in the parts department. You could check with one of the car dealerships that have a parts department there and carry detailing stuff =]

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Eagle One applicator you have in the first post. I have several and really like those.

Post Thanks / Like

oh cool! but the problem i have is that once i pour gel into my applicator, it soaks in and it barely even gets on the tire!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stemyx View Post
    oh cool! but the problem i have is that once i pour gel into my applicator, it soaks in and it barely even gets on the tire!
    Do you prefer a gel dressing? If not, meguiars has 3 options for applying dressings. They have the endurance tire dressing in gel, aerosol, and spray form. Personally, ive hade better luck with the aersol than the gel and spray bottle. If you prefer a gel dressing, id try applying the gel directly to the tire and see if that works. I quit using that endurance stuff for awhile because the spray form is too hard to work with. It comes out like old runny spoiled milk and it didn't spread evenly. I retried it in the aerosol form and it worked a lot better for me. Mothers only has the spray form in their back to black tire shine. Its a good tire shine. I used it twice. Still have two new bottles sitting on my detailing shelves lol. Heres another tip...The cleaner your wheels and tires are, the better results you will get. Ive used mothers and meguiars wheel and tire cleaner. I think mothers foaming all wheel and tire cleaner works best because you apply it to dirty dry wheel and that helps penetrate the road grime and dirt more easily than applying it to a wet tire like what meguiars wheel cleaner needs to be applied. I like meguiars a lot...it just depends on the person I think and its by personal preference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chevycruze View Post
    Do you prefer a gel dressing? If not, meguiars has 3 options for applying dressings. They have the endurance tire dressing in gel, aerosol, and spray form. Personally, ive hade better luck with the aersol than the gel and spray bottle. If you prefer a gel dressing, id try applying the gel directly to the tire and see if that works. I quit using that endurance stuff for awhile because the spray form is too hard to work with. It comes out like old runny spoiled milk and it didn't spread evenly. I retried it in the aerosol form and it worked a lot better for me. Mothers only has the spray form in their back to black tire shine. Its a good tire shine. I used it twice. Still have two new bottles sitting on my detailing shelves lol. Heres another tip...The cleaner your wheels and tires are, the better results you will get. Ive used mothers and meguiars wheel and tire cleaner. I think mothers foaming all wheel and tire cleaner works best because you apply it to dirty dry wheel and that helps penetrate the road grime and dirt more easily than applying it to a wet tire like what meguiars wheel cleaner needs to be applied. I like meguiars a lot...it just depends on the person I think and its by personal preference.
    Yeah your right, i like the gel kind though. Not only does it smell delicious, but it saves you from any mess!! And i just poured it into the pad but i think that it was the pad (since it was used with a spray before) i think that might have been the reason why it soaks it. I don't know but i will try different pads out. I have used the Meguiar's all wheel cleaner but right now im using Black Magic Wheel Cleaner. Its pretty good!

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of detailers use a brush with the gels. You can even use a soft paint brush. This option doesn't soak up product like the foam applicators.

Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicators, tire brush, tire shine applicator
    Second Best One Legged Detailer in The World... That top slot is unattainable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast