autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have direct experience with the new Rupes machine/Compounds/pads?

The system seems to be very high quality and the pads/compounds are engineered to work together.

I'm wondering if there's a reason at this point to keep my flex and all my pads and compounds vs buying this system.

Can anyone give me some info?

Mike Phillips

Re: Anyone have direct experience with the new Rupes machine/Compounds/pads?

You'll get a lot of opinions with a question like this and in the online car detailing world there are a lot of opinions and some come with a lot of emotion, so just take the replies you get in stride.

I'm not going to recommend you opt for one tool over the other but instead suggest you consider keeping the Flex and adding the Rupes to your tool arsenal.

I like the Rupes, it's smooth and powerful and I like their system of pads and products as they work as designed with the stroke of the tool.

Kind of goes without saying that while you can read about everyone else's "opinion" about any tool the only opinion that's going to mater is what you think of the tool yourself after you've used one.

Hang tight... I have a very unique project coming in today that I'm going to Rupes tomorrow night.

Post Thanks / Like

I would keep the flex, you can use different pads and products with the rupes, so if you have something you like as far as pads and products, I think you will find they work better and faster. I still have my 2 meguiars pc's, a griot's and a flex rotary, just do not use them much anymore! Hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like

keep the flex for sure.theres goin to be some spots where you cant get into with the rupes.its not which is better but how they can complement each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I dislike the 3401, I won't sell it. I added a Rupes 21, though. I used it and there's no doubt in my mind that I can get better, faster cut with the Rupes 21. If MF pads worked as well on the 3401 compared to a random orbital, I wouldn't have bought the Rupes.
    '03 Corvette Z06