autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Stepping away from Zaino and moving on

First time posting and need some quick advice (trying to get an order in before the sale ends ).

I have a MY05 Silverstone S2000 that I've owned since new. It has never seen a mechanical car wash, only hand washes since the beginning. I am very particular about how the car is cared for and refuse to let anyone touch it. After 7 years of ownership I am starting to see spider swirls on the paint in certain lighting at night and in direct sunlight. Nothing drastic by any means, but enough to bother me.

I would like to move on up to using my DA polisher on the car, but I'm not confident enough to touch my paint with abrasives yet. I have been reading here and there on the forum and have decided to take Mike Phillips Detailing class as soon as I can. I rather have some hands on training before I use my DA to polish than just jumping in and regretting it. But in the meantime between now and the class, I still need to coat the car with something. It has been a little too long since the last application for my liking.

I am looking at this Pinnacle kit: Pinnacle Signature Series II Wax Kit will give you depth and clarity!

and this Wolfgang kit: Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Wax Mini Connoisseur's Kit, Wolfgang Mini Wax Kit, Fuzion Wax Sample Kit

What do you think would be better on a darker silver metallic like mine? It seems that people like the Pinnacle Series II on metallics/silvers (unsure between paste and wax)?

What about Souveran on silver?

Any other suggestions if these aren't really suitable? I figured since there aren't any abrasive polishing involved in these kits, it will hold me over until the end of Jan for the class...

Thank you for any help at all! I hate the fact that my first post is asking questions about products. Even though I have done some reading on the site, I feel entirely overwhelmed when it comes down to picking the brands/product.

I am stepping out of the Zaino cloud and want to experience some new stuff, just may need some guidance along the way.
    Last edited by TOO_SOON_JR; 10-12-2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: resizing huge font

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stepping away from Zaino and moving on

And a recent picture I have sitting on my desktop, just for fun. She needs some more shine!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO.

I really like the Wolfgang lineup. You cant go wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

If you like the look and durability of Zaino then perhaps you should consider Dura Gloss products. They have excellant durability, easy to use and reasonably priced. DG105 has mild cleaning ability, is a great product and lasts for months and you can keep it looking good with occasionaly applying Aquawax (spray on buff off). If you wanted to you can top it with DG111, a pure sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of great lineups out there! I personally chose Optimum and couldn't be happier. While the majority of products I have are Optimum, I do have others mixed in as well.

What I did to restore my product when I got my DA (only about 1 1/2 months ago) was get the DA with the pads kit. And then added optimum hyper compound and optimum hyper polish. Awesome products and set me up for opticoat 2.0 (the longest sealant being sold right now... supposed to last the life of the car).

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips. It's not so much the fact that I liked the Zaino look, it was the end result with the amount of effort put into it.

Post Thanks / Like

I am also a Zaino user, but am gradually switching over to Optimum Polymer Tech products. Great results with less effort. For correction I usually use M105 and 205, but may try OPT stuff for that as well.

I didn't think I would switch away from the Zaino Blonde towels for detailing spray use, but I see AG just started selling Woobie towels which look pretty darn similar.

The other options you mention would also work great. So many good options here at AG.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Blackfire products and Fuzion look great on silver.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TOO_SOON_JR View Post
    I hate the fact that my first post is asking questions about products.

^^^No need to; so...don't.^^^
    ...to AGO!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello fellow S2K'er! Welcome to the forum! I'm new to this forum as well. LOTS of great info and very helpful people here.

One important piece of good information...be more concerned with good "surface preperation" and teqnique than in the product that you choose (yes...good quality products are important too). I'm a fan of Meguiars products simply because they work...and very cost effective. I love the Ultimate line. Just IMHO.

Everything you'll need here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-phillips.html

Just in case you weren't aware, check out one of my favorite S2000 websites S2KI – Honda S2000 Community. S2KI Honda S2000 Forums I use the same username over there as well.

Good luck!

Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast