autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

tC roof glass ? and G1 comment

Mike, I was wondering if you found anything funny with the roof glass on that yellow tC you did the other day? I did all the glass on my tC last night. After washing the whole car I cleaned all the glass with DP Glass Restorer, it had some mild waterspotting and I wanted to get rid of all of it before applying the G1. I used a GG6 with a HT Tangerine pad on speed 4 and it really worked great! All the spotting is gone and the glass looked really clean. I wiped off the residue as I went with a terry towel. Then (this is where it gets weird) I decided to clean the glass with some IPA to make sure all the residue from the GR was gone. The glass on the roof felt really rough under a microfiber towel and looked like there was a lot of lint from my towel stuck to it. I tried 3 different types of towels, a Megs Supreme Shine, a Megs Ultimate Wipe and a Cobra Super Plush Deluxe 600, and they all did they same. It almost felt "tacky". The Cobra towel did best at getting the lint off with a lot of light wipes in one direction but I couldn't get it all. The Windshield, hatch glass and all side glass did not do this, they all felt very slick. It was just weird that only the roof glass did this. Do you think there is some type of coating on it that reacted with the IPA?
    Also, and this is really weird, when I sprayed the IPA on I could see 3 rings, like where someone had set a cup or can on the roof, but when it dried I couldn't see them, they only showed up when it was wet with IPA. I tried to get a picture but it wasn't showing up.
    It's all moot now because I went forward with the GTechniq G1 and it came out Great! Whatever it was the G1 applied with no problems and now my glass looks incredible. It is super shiny and has a really great reflection, I can't wait to get it in the rain!!! The G1 was really easy to apply and removing the residue with the G2 was a breeze. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to protect their glass.

Mike Phillips

Re: tC roof glass ? and G1 comment

Sorry, I don't remember anything out of the norm when working on the glass roof on the tC

For anyone wondering which project car it is we're talking about it's this one,

Video & Pictures - GTechniq Makeover - 2012 High Voltage Yellow Scion tC 7.0

Here's the walk-around video to show the results from the Gtechniq G1 Crystal Lacquer