autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DA Buffer

Post Thanks / Like

DA Buffer

What in your opinion is the best DA to start with ? I have been in a bit of a quandry as there are good and bad reviews on every one of them. Of course they all say they are safe to use, but after that it is a toss up. I have one of the PC kits in my basket, but then I read a good review on one of the other brands. Will any of them with proper technique work just fine. Buying one to do my own cars and maybe a few on the side at this point. Trying to just cover basics and protect my cars and have $600 worth of stuff in my cart as follows :
    Well cant seem to access my cart from my work computer, I will post what I have in cart when I get home, and I welcome all comments and ideas. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DA Buffer

Pretty much all of the DA polishers are the same. The PCXP is what I use. Does what I need it to. The Griot's 6 inch has more power and a better warranty. The Meguiar's G110v2 has a cruise control feature. Any of these will do the same exact job.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
    What in your opinion is the best DA to start with ? I have been in a bit of a quandry as there are good and bad reviews on every one of them. Of course they all say they are safe to use, but after that it is a toss up. I have one of the PC kits in my basket, but then I read a good review on one of the other brands. Will any of them with proper technique work just fine. Buying one to do my own cars and maybe a few on the side at this point. Trying to just cover basics and protect my cars and have $600 worth of stuff in my cart as follows :
    Well cant seem to access my cart from my work computer, I will post what I have in cart when I get home, and I welcome all comments and ideas. Thanks.
    this is one of the most widely asked questions across the detailing forums and with that said.. the GG6, G110v2, and PCXP are all good options. i would opt for the GG6 or G110v2 if it were my choice. there's another DA that i'm anxiously waiting for and it will be available shortly (not from AG). i'm awaiting some reviews and comments before i pull the trigger on one...

Post Thanks / Like

The absolute best for correction is the flex

Nice unit is the gg6....mine is 5 yrs old and still perfect
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what is in the cart : pc kit with the wolfgang swirl remover and polish and sealant and the pads that come with that kit, Two Lake Country six pad kits, Klasse High Gloss Sealant, Blackfire wet diamond polymer spray, collinite 845, Microfibre applicator, Detailers polishing pad rejuvenator, Pinnacle microfiber detergent, Total towel kit. How does that sound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
    Here is what is in the cart : pc kit with the wolfgang swirl remover and polish and sealant and the pads that come with that kit, Two Lake Country six pad kits, Klasse High Gloss Sealant, Blackfire wet diamond polymer spray, collinite 845, Microfibre applicator, Detailers polishing pad rejuvenator, Pinnacle microfiber detergent, Total towel kit. How does that sound.
    Sounds like you are ready to detail some cars my friend!
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

that's a lot more than i would buy starting out....i'd buy a polish, da, 4 pads and a wax....and set about learning
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good,
    Don't get the 6.5" pads get the 5.5" flat pads you will be much happier with their capability!
    You can call AG and I think they would exchange them in the kit and then when you order the extras get the 5.5" flat pads there too. Plus they are cheaper
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    that's a lot more than i would buy starting out....i'd buy a polish, da, 4 pads and a wax....and set about learning
    Well, it's more than I intended to buy, but it all looks so good, I forgot the pad brush too. If I scale it down some what would I use to clean the pads with ?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post
    Looks good,
    Don't get the 6.5" pads get the 5.5" flat pads you will be much happier with their capability!
    You can call AG and I think they would exchange them in the kit and then when you order the extras get the 5.5" flat pads there too. Plus they are cheaper
    Ok, the 5.5 will be better ? Easier to use ?

Post Thanks / Like

The smaller the pad The better correction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast