autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

window cleaning in the sun

I live in Florida and this is my first fulltime summer in business doing mobile detailing. I have tried just about every window cleaning product out there with and without ammonia. It leaves massive streaks, I've tried special towels and newspaper. All bad results. A heavy film. I've tried the ad on and parking the cars in the shade. Same results. How can I get film and streak free Windows in the sun? How bout straight water? Any help or advice?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: window cleaning in the sun

Quote Originally Posted by jdemoss View Post
    I live in Florida and this is my first fulltime summer in business doing mobile detailing. I have tried just about every window cleaning product out there with and without ammonia. It leaves massive streaks, I've tried special towels and newspaper. All bad results. A heavy film. I've tried the ad on and parking the cars in the shade. Same results. How can I get film and streak free Windows in the sun? How bout straight water? Any help or advice?
    Have you tried Surf City Clearly Better Glass?

Post Thanks / Like

make sure your using 2 microfiber towels and wipe one distraction and then another one microfiber the clean and the other to wipe streak free. I use stoner invisible glass cleaner Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner With Rain Repellent, auto glass cleaner, rain repellent, rain repel, glass sealer, windshield glass cleaner try that way make sure your out of the sun

Post Thanks / Like
    It's prob more process than product but 1z Einzett windscreen clear is great. It can't be screwed up. I use two microfibers like previously stated also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Royaldetail View Post
    make sure your using 2 microfiber towels and wipe one distraction and then another one microfiber the clean and the other to wipe streak free. I use stoner invisible glass cleaner Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner With Rain Repellent, auto glass cleaner, rain repellent, rain repel, glass sealer, windshield glass cleaner try that way make sure your out of the sun
    Did you not read the op title?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I did

Post Thanks / Like

I use distilled water ,works great unless you have super dirty windows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Royaldetail View Post
    Yeah I did
    Then why are you saying to stay out of the sun when the op wants a glass cleaner that you can use in the sun.

Mike Phillips

Here's the best tip I can give you...

Others mentioned using two microfiber towels, I'll recommend using more.

Mike's Glass Cleaning Tips
    When cleaning glass or anything, you are removing "something" off the glass. On the inside this would be Vinyl Fog and/or Smoker's Film.

Chances are good you're also cleaning someone else's attempt to clean glass and removing their streaks and smears plus whatever chemical they used to try to clean the glass.

Depending on who's riding around in the vehicle you could also be removing fingerprints and even footprints from passengers sitting in the front seat and stretching their legs out onto the dash. Kids are notorious for touching the inside of glass with their fingers and hands and that means residues from whatever was in their hands including ketchup and mustard from their McHappy Hamburger, grease from their French Fries or Chicken McNuggets and anything else they're playing with in the back of the car.

So here's my tip on cleaning glass...

Anytime you're mechanically removing any type of film, oils or any other substances off the glass, they are being deposited onto your wiping cloth. Correct?

That means you should no longer use that wiping cloth on any other glass surface because all you'll be doing is transferring the substance you removed to a new section of glass.

The most important thing you can do to avoid streaks and smears when cleaning glass is to use plenty of clean wiping cloths and after making the initial wipe over a window or a section of a window, either turn or fold to a fresh clean side or switch to a clean, dry, unused wiping cloth to continue.

It doesn't take much to leave a smear on glass so your job is once you remove the majority of whatever was on the glass to start with to get that wiping cloth out of the equation and switch to a new, clean wiping cloth for your final wipe. Then after using the secondary or even third wiping cloth on a single window, set it aside and start on the next window with another clean, dry wiping cloth.

Glass Cleaners
    Most glass cleaners work really well, especially if the name on the label has a good reputation to start with.

Glass Towels
    Most quality microfiber towels and dedicated glass wiping towels also work really well.

Cross-contamination the true culprit
    The culprit is re-introducing whatever it is you removed off the glass back onto the glass.

I like using Glass Master Pro for front and back windows for the "Final Wipe" not for the first or even second wipe.

Check it out...

Glass Master Pro Glass Cleaner with Janna

It's really nice having crystal clear, streak-free glass when you're driving your car especially at night or in the early morning when the sun causes glare across the windshield.

Cleaning the outside is pretty easy but cleaning the inside can be a challenge because of the tight angle where the windshield meets the glass. Here's a tool that makes cleaning the inside glass easier without having to contort your body to get that last little smudge.

The Glass Master Pro

The swivel neck and the triangular shaped microfiber covered head makes removing streaks and smudge easier and faster without having to contort your body into a pretzel to clean those hard to reach areas.

Beautiful, streak-free glass!

Check it out on Autogeek.net

The Glass Master Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I use just hot water and get great results. You need to go over the windows 2 or 3 times. I've always used this method on the interior windows and recently started using it on the exterior windows. At times I will use a glass stripper before applying Aquapel-love that stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast