I bought my dream car, a 2011 Porsche Cayman, 2 months ago. 2 weeks ago I was driving to work. I layed a water bottle, that I thought was sealed, on my passenger seat. When I got to work, I discovered that the bottle leaked about 2 cups of water onto my leather seat. The leather is perforated, so alot of water made it inside of the seat cushion. The inner seat cushion actually was pretty well soaked. Some water dripped down to the carpet under the seat.

I immediately cleaned up what I could with paper towels. I then parked my car on the roof of a parking garage, with the windows cracked. It was sunny. I live in Texas. It stayed on the roof all day, about 8 hours. At the end of the day, everything seemed pretty dry. When I got home that evening I placed a Damp Rid moisture collector in the car. The next day there was no visible water collected in the damp rid collector. There were no subsequent attempts to dry or air out the car after that. It has actually been parked in a dark garage with the windows rolled up every day since then.

I have been using leatherique to try and bring back the leather.

Anyway, I am not concerned about the condition of the leather. I am concerned about mold and mildew. How likely is it that mold or mildew is growing inside of my seat cushion? It has been about 2 weeks. It doesn't smell musty and there are no mildew spots that have made it to the surface of the leather. The reason I am so concerned, is that I get frequent allergies and sinus infections. I have a sinus infection right now. I cannot drive a car that may make me ill and miss work.

I know you are not a scientist or a doctor. I went to the doctor today for my sinus infection, and it may not be related to the car. I also have a certified mold inspector coming out tomorrow to test the seat. You don't have to feel any responsibility for expressing an opnion on this.

Sean
Houston, TX