autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Prescription for car with vinyl graphics

Hi All - quick question here. I did a search and have been reading but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I have a car with vinyl graphics. Since it is a pace car replica, these graphics are different than the typical stripe graphics on factory cars (Mustangs, Camaro Challenger, etc) in that there are many more edges. The car is garaged and covered and never out in bad weather so I'm looking for advice on how to the experts would maintain this car. Specifically, "safe" products to wash with and how best to clean up (wipe down) after a weekend cruise. I figure washing will keep the vinyl clean, but if there are recommendations for maintaining that as well, I'd be interested in hearing them. Basically looking for the differences in maintaining the paint and the graphics on a weekly basis. Thanks in advance.

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/...10319-0935.jpg

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/...10307-2108.jpg

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prescription for car with vinyl graphics

Sweet ride and garage!

As for keeping them clean, I would just maintain them like you would your paint. You can apply a wax or sealant to them just be careful on the edges to ensure you get all the extra wax or sealant build up out using a qtip or MF. You certainly do have a lot of graphics on that car so you have your work cut out for you.

once you have a quality wax or sealant on there you can maintain them just like you would the rest of the car. Weather it means your doing a Quick detail after a weekend ride or a wash.

Hope this helps.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks SeaJay (BTW - I played hoop in college with a dude from Chelmsford, MA) - My normal routine with a weekend driver (I've never had one with this many decals) is along the lines of "drive twice, wash once" with a quick detail in between. Do you think quick detailer or car wash on a weekly basis would be too harsh for the graphics? I'm figuring not - since the ones from the factory have been on there since 2002 and look fine. I'll just have to tread lightly and work from the middle out to the edges.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ceta4zng View Post
    thanks SeaJay (BTW - I played hoop in college with a dude from Chelmsford, MA) - My normal routine with a weekend driver (I've never had one with this many decals) is along the lines of "drive twice, wash once" with a quick detail in between. Do you think quick detailer or car wash on a weekly basis would be too harsh for the graphics? I'm figuring not - since the ones from the factory have been on there since 2002 and look fine. I'll just have to tread lightly and work from the middle out to the edges.
    I think you will be fine washing it on a weekly basis. Just ensure there is always a good coat of wax/sealant on there. During the spring, summer, and fall, I wash my truck at least once a week. Just ensure your using proper techniques and quality products and you should be fine.