autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

What is The Difference Between Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax and Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax

As the header says, what is the difference between the two. I have read the descriptions and they sound identical, except that one is $10.00 more than the other.

Finally Liquid Souveran Wax achieves the Pinnacle of Perfection. Liquid Souveran Carnauba Wax has the ease of a liquid wax with the protection and at $39.95

and

Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax at $29.95

Other than that one is sprayable and comes with a sprayer.

Does the thicker liquid wax last longer? Or are they both the same basic formula, but one is diluted to make it sprayable?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is The Difference Between Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax and Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax

I used the spray wax for the first time this weekend and it looks great but it can't hold a candle to the liquid in looks. My guess would be the longevity of the spray.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is The Difference Between Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax and Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax

spray wax is more of a booster than a standalone LSP..

Post Thanks / Like

Actually the Spray is 24.99 so thats a $15 dollar difference. The liquid is applied like a "traditional wax" ...apply, wait to haze, then buff off. The spray is spray on and wipe off. The spray is more of a booster but it does give an exceptional look if you have a nice coat of nuba already on. I think maybe u are looking these wrong as one doesn't replace the other. They are two different types of products with two different intended uses IMO.

5. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    The spray is spray on and wipe off. The spray is more of a booster but it does give an exceptional look if you have a nice coat of nuba already on. I think maybe u are looking these wrong as one doesn't replace the other. They are two different types of products with two different intended uses IMO.
    Great info!
    Ryan
    '94 Single 6 Speed
    '03 Acura CL Type-S 6 Speed

Post Thanks / Like

i think a better question would be, whats the diff. between Liquid Souveran and Souveran paste wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by isaac View Post
    i think a better question would be, whats the diff. between Liquid Souveran and Souveran paste wax?
    Quite a bit, actually. You'll get more applications out of the Paste version. Also, because of how liquid products are formulated, you are going to get more carnauba in the paste version. I'd love to see percentages for the three Souveran products, but I've definitely seen a very marked difference in performance and looks between the three. I love the paste on Blacks and dark dark colors. The liquid is my go to product for white and silver. The spray version isn't just a quick detailer with a little bit of carnauba in it. You literally have to treat it differently than any other spray product. Spray it on, spread it, let it haze, then buff it off. I like it for smaller painted surfaces like motorcycles, but I have used it on full sized vehicles when I just didn't want to bust out the paste or the machine. It doesn't really save any time on the large vehicles, but it does boost the shine and does have more durability than a typical quick detailer.

Anyway, they are three different products for three different purposes. Detailers are like artists and we need lots of colors and brushes to make a masterpiece. Learning what shapes and colors you like different products on is part of the fun. It is also what separates the enthusiast detailers from the rest of the pack. When you can tell when to use this product or that when dealing with LSPs, then you can call yourself a connoisseur and definitely a few cuts above the average detailer who just uses the same 55 gallon barrel of generic product for every vehicle.
    .....www.OCDetails.com.....
    Obessive Compulsive Details
    a.k.a. Jngrbrdman

Copyright © OCDetails.com All Rights Reserved

Post Thanks / Like

I always like to try different products, but I seem to keep coming back to Fuzion, at least on my own cars.

I was looking for a less expensive, easy to apply product to use when I do a friends car. Most of my friends are no where near as insane about their finishes as I am.

I have been relatively pleased with Optimum Spray car wax, Optimum Car Wax is a spray wax made with real carnauba and synthetic paint sealants for protection & shine! high-grade carnauba wax and silicone, for use on friends cars.

But I might give Pinnacle a try anyway. Thanks for the replies.

Post Thanks / Like

Fuzion is definitely in a class all its own. I haven't ever used a paste like it for durability and shine.
    .....www.OCDetails.com.....
    Obessive Compulsive Details
    a.k.a. Jngrbrdman

Copyright © OCDetails.com All Rights Reserved

Post Thanks / Like

All three products carrying the Souveran banner are quite different in formula and outcome, all are great products too.

Scott