autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How often does everyone reapply Klasse AIO/Seaqlant? And do you need AIO each time or just additional coats of Klasse Sealant?

Hi Everyone,

First thanks to Auto Geek, I discovered Klasse AIO/Sealant. I applied it back in September to my less than 1 year old Lexus RX. Its been 9 months, so time to 'reapply'. Since the paint is in good shape, should I just reapply the sealant? Or AIO and sealant? In the scheme of things I'm going for protection over shine, since this is my wife's grocery getter.

By the way I should mention that the AIO and Sealant went on very easily and perhaps more importantly came off very easily. So no Klasse horror stories here. Maybe becasue it was realatively new paint?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How often does everyone reapply Klasse AIO/Seaqlant? And do you need AIO each time or just additional coats of Klasse Sealant?

Probably do both the AIO and Sealant. Granted you don't care for looks as much as protection, you might as well get both out of the car!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How often does everyone reapply Klasse AIO/Seaqlant? And do you need AIO each time or just additional coats of Klasse Sealant?

Yes do both, The AIO will protect an rid you of minor imperfections but remember that it can be applied to glass to help protect also, an the HGS can only be applied to paint for more added protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2kredbb6 View Post
    Yes do both, The AIO will protect an rid you of minor imperfections but remember that it can be applied to glass to help protect also, an the HGS can only be applied to paint for more added protection.
    I'm subscribing to this thread, because I am set on purchasing the Klasse Dynamic Duo of AIO and High Gloss Sealant Glaze!

I had no idea AIO could be added to glad and buffed away, this will probably help with beading and sheeting water off the windows, let alone leaving them crystal clear.

I can't park my car in the garage, so regarding the 12 hour minimum curing of each product between applications, am I correct thinking I should seal with AIO in the morning, then the next day in the morning I would be good to go with the top coat of the sealant? Since I live in in-climate weather, it could be 90 one day, and thunderstorm the next dropping the temp down to the 60s; so if I had to skip a day, would it still be alright to apply the sealant a couple days AFTER the AIO (how long is too long) and can I QD spray before applying the Sealant? THANKS!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse AIO --- Klasse SG --- cure time --- Klasse SG

six months protection in just these steps. Wash weekly and use spray as wanted for additional gloss. When you ready six months later, just repeat the steps.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Klasse AIO --- Klasse SG --- cure time --- Klasse SG

six months protection in just these steps. Wash weekly and use spray as wanted for additional gloss. When you ready six months later, just repeat the steps.
    So cure time between every application @ 12 hours correct?

Also, is AIO the only sealant that can be used added to car wash solution as directed on the store page, or would Klasse SG serve the purpose as well/better?
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

curing time can vary between 4-24 hours based upon the environment. Here is South Florida after 4-6 hours I have topped, relayered and more without issue. That said I wouldnt think it was the same as say Alaska.

As for adding either product to wash with, forget it. I tried the hype when it first came out several years ago. No foam, very little lubrication, and scum all over the bucket after rinsing. So if theres scum that needed to remove from bucket, I think its safe to assume it got on the paint too.

The Klasse twins, when used together, are quite durable to all items. I found any wash (even the harsher ones that remove carnaubas) didnt dent the durability. What I did find is the end look is very "early" sealant, kinda plastic like. I use to use Acrylic Sprays from Sonus and Werkstatt to add to look, but found newer sprays like Four Star Spray Wax , FK425 look just as nice and obviously I can get thru AG.

(Quick Funny Story )
    I bought my wife a Supercharged Regal back in 99 in grey metallic. I used the Klasse system religiously on it time and again. I think I applied it every couple months as regular maintenance. I sold the car way over book value to local Buick dealer as the car looked new but wife wanted CTS. They sold the unit in 10 days at a profit and to this day I still see car around town. While the car is getting long in years, the paint still looks great and glossy. Now maybe the new owner "keeps it up" but I swear those coats of Klasse built in some protection. (wife swore I lied in seeing it so often locally, till one afternoon it popped up in front of us and her comment was "still looks good".) Due to a unique added rear spoiler and chrome wheel exchange option we borrowed from lease, we know its the same car.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    curing time can vary between 4-24 hours based upon the environment. Here is South Florida after 4-6 hours I have topped, relayered and more without issue. That said I wouldnt think it was the same as say Alaska.

As for adding either product to wash with, forget it. I tried the hype when it first came out several years ago. No foam, very little lubrication, and scum all over the bucket after rinsing. So if theres scum that needed to remove from bucket, I think its safe to assume it got on the paint too.

The Klasse twins, when used together, are quite durable to all items. I found any wash (even the harsher ones that remove carnaubas) didnt dent the durability. What I did find is the end look is very "early" sealant, kinda plastic like. I use to use Acrylic Sprays from Sonus and Werkstatt to add to look, but found newer sprays like Four Star Spray Wax , FK425 look just as nice and obviously I can get thru AG.

(Quick Funny Story )
    I bought my wife a Supercharged Regal back in 99 in grey metallic. I used the Klasse system religiously on it time and again. I think I applied it every couple months as regular maintenance. I sold the car way over book value to local Buick dealer as the car looked new but wife wanted CTS. They sold the unit in 10 days at a profit and to this day I still see car around town. While the car is getting long in years, the paint still looks great and glossy. Now maybe the new owner "keeps it up" but I swear those coats of Klasse built in some protection. (wife swore I lied in seeing it so often locally, till one afternoon it popped up in front of us and her comment was "still looks good".) Due to a unique added rear spoiler and chrome wheel exchange option we borrowed from lease, we know its the same car.
    Ewe... no slime on my car! I know it is a great product from all the amazing reviews and such a devoted following, but why does washing with it create a film of slime, but rubbing it directly on the car works miracles? Haha, just curious.

Awesome story about the car... in my early years (with my first vehicle) I didn't know what a sealant even was, much like most new drivers - so I simply applied Meg's Gold Class liquid wax I bought at Wal Mart, religiously. It still made the car look stunning, although I can't say it looks ANYTHING like when I owned it today around town, ha!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"