autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

how do you take care of your MF ?

Sometimes i find it really hard to keep them clean. I always think that where ever i put them they will get dirty.

Do you guys have specific ones for specific job ? I usually have 2 to wash my car (1 for the upper part 1 for the lower part), 1 for the interior, 1 for the windows an so on. But when the get really dirty i get new ones to wash my car and the old ones i used them to clean my wheels or stuff like that.

How do you guys wash them ? because i dont have the mf detergent

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: how do you take care of your MF ?

Wash warm/warm(delicate cycle) in micro-restore detergent
    Air Dry(no dryer use for me)

Edit: just noticed you don't have MF detergent. That's all I use, so I don't know otherwise...
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I do use the MF liquid detergent. (Bought a gallon of the DP)

I copy/pasted the following from one of the articles I linked above...
    This is courtesy of Mike Phillips

Washing and Drying
    Another question that comes up all the time is how to properly wash and dry microfiber polishing cloths. It's best to keep this process simple and uncomplicated.

Washing
    Wash your microfiber polishing cloths in the warm or hot temperature setting with a quality detergent on the normal or heavy duty setting. Choose between these options by how dirty your microfiber polishing cloths are; if they are really dirty with lots of polish and wax residue then use the hot temperature setting, on the heavy duty wash cycle. If your washer has an optional secondary or extra rinse cycle you can use this option to insure all the detergent is rinsed out before drying.

Liquid or Powder Wash Detergents
    There are people that will argue that only a liquid detergent should be used for washing microfiber polishing cloths to reduce the potential for any undissolved powder particles to somehow attach to the nap of the microfiber cloth and remain their, (undissolved), through both the wash cycle and the drying cycle. Personally I've never had a problem using powder style washing detergent. The polish and wax used on this truck was wiped off using microfiber polishing cloths washed using Tide Powder Detergent.

Here's a tip... <-- Important
    When using a powder type laundry detergent. Before you add your microfiber polishing cloths, first start by filling the wash tub with water and then add your laundry soap, (both powder or liquid), and let the laundry detergent fully mix with the water to create a uniform soapy water solution to then add your polishing cloths. With a powder type laundry detergent, the violent mixing action by the agitator will allow the powder particles to fully dissolve, thus used correctly a powder type laundry detergent is a liquid.

If you add your polishing cloths first, then pour the powdered laundry detergent on top of them and then start the load, the powder particles will have to work they're way through all the polishing cloths in order to mix and dissolve in the water. So create your soapy detergent solution first and then add your polishing cloths.

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

thanks so much for the tips once again!

i think its time for me to buy some quality mf. Right now i get them from costco, they are $16 canadian for a pack of 24, they are not tha big tho i'd say 12"x"12

Post Thanks / Like

keep an eye on the BOGO area here, as always a good way to start a MF collection.

Buy One, Get One Free!

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NICOBKN View Post
    thanks so much for the tips once again!
    My pleasure! And in response to your other thread you are right about that. A TON of info...

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

One other thing to mention.......it is common knowledge that MF towels need to be washed by themselves, nothing other than microfiber in the mix. Where things differ on drying is there are those that believe in air dry and those (I'm one) that believe in using the dryer. I'm not about to say that one method is better than the other but I do suggest that you experiment to see which works best for you.

For me, air drying towels is a huge waste of time and will never happen under my watch. For others, machine drying is dead wrong and will certainly ruin or damage the towels. Find your own medium that works for you and stick with it..
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

I wash my interior/wheel MF's with Dawn by hand in the sink..

I wash my exterior HQ MF's with a 'Free' detergent (Tide Free, All Free, Purex Free, etc.)

For drying I throw them in the dryer on the 'Delicate cycle' which is 40 minutes on low heat then 20 minutes with no heat.

The Cobra towels come out as plush as the day I got them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast