autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

which pad(s) and swirl remover combo?

I am wondering which combo would be the best to use to get these defect's and scratches out? I know that a couple of the deeper scratches I will not be able to get out but I have tried a couple of product's as stated in the link and have not had any luck with removal. I don't know if the pad's I am using are to big or if I'm doing something wrong. Also as stated in my link the top of the trunk is FULL of scratches similar to the ones under the door handle. It appears as though someone dragged a bag back and fourth over the trunk several times. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-problems.html

Mike Phillips

Re: which pad(s) and swirl remover combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Integra-S View Post
    I am wondering which combo would be the best to use to get these defect's and scratches out? I know that a couple of the deeper scratches I will not be able to get out but I have tried a couple of product's as stated in the link and have not had any luck with removal. I don't know if the pad's I am using are to big or if I'm doing something wrong. Also as stated in my link the top of the trunk is FULL of scratches similar to the ones under the door handle. It appears as though someone dragged a bag back and fourth over the trunk several times. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-problems.html

I read your entire thread, your pads are too big...

Seriously, get some 5.5" pads, either flat or CCS both will work. Get some light orange cutting pads, some white polishing pads and if you apply your LSP by machine then get at least one finishing pad.

Use the M105 with the Light Orange Cutting pad with your PC on the 5.0 to 6.0 Speed setting and make sure the pad is rotating as you work a section and then only work small sections at a time.

The deeper the defects, the harder the paint, the smaller the sections you want to work.

Watch and then copy what you see here,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q70g83mnTn4]YouTube - Removing Swirls with a PC7424XP How to do a Section Pass - Porter Cable[/video]

Customer Care can help you get the right pads...

1-800-869-3011

Post Thanks / Like

I, like many, prefer the flat pads over the CCS pads when using a D.A.

Get the 5.5" pads as Mike Suggested. They will help when taking scratches out more so than the 7" pads since you are using a less powerful D.A and not a rotary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maximus20895 View Post
    I, like many, prefer the flat pads over the CCS pads when using a D.A.

Get the 5.5" pads as Mike Suggested. They will help when taking scratches out more so than the 7" pads since you are using a less powerful D.A and not a rotary.

I love the 5.5" Lake Country Hydrotech pads. I personally have been using Meguiars M105/M205/Menzerna P085rd on Cyan HT Pads/Tangerine HT Pads/Gray LC Flat pads.

However, I have used a sample of Wolfgang total swirl remover and found it very easy to use and effective.
    2009 Summit White Cobalt SS/TC SOLD
    2007 Black Cobalt LT - Daily Driver