autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Leatherique vs. Connelly Leather

OK, I am a fan of Leatherique products. Use the products on my untreated seats and am very happy with the results.

I read about Connelly and have to ask "Is it really any better?"

I dont want to have to go spend additional $$ to see if there is any advantage to the Connelly. I know it is all about personal choices however I would be interested to hear if one is actually better than the other for untreated leather from someones actual experience?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leatherique vs. Connelly Leather

I have been very happy with both the Leatherique products I've tried. I can't give an opinion on Connelly since I have not tried it.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used the Conelly but I say if you are really happy with a product you stick with it. Unless of course you feel like experimenting.

Of course I am the type that when I go to a restaurant and find something I like I generally get that same thing at that restaurant for quite some time. About 85% of the time you just end up dissapointed if you try something else.

How about this: Finish the Leatherique you have and then buy the Conelly. If you don't like it go back to Leatherique. Maybe someone on here will send you a sample of Conelly to try.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both products. And am happy with both. The connelly is a lot easier to use, then the leatherique, and not as messy. My ferrari/lambo guys prefer the leatherque.
    The connelly does make your leather smell nice.
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like

I am also interested just because i love trying to products. But i am very happy with Leatherique already it works great!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replys guys.
    I like what the leatherique does and don't mind the mess in applying etc. Yup when you are on a good thnig stick to it.

Was curious about the Connelly given what I have read.

Post Thanks / Like

Connelly is strictly for untreated leather, and works on the same principal as Leatherique, must be heated up, and worked in all day. Both are fantastic products, but Leatherique also works well on treated leathers. The Connelly leather cleaner is also fantastic.

John

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a stuipd question, how could you tell if the leather is treated or not..or do you just do a cleaning on it to strip of any old treatment and then apply?

I've seen some pics on here of Leatherique and was very impressed...I was also wondering if anyone has used it on leather that has 'holes' in it....not like rips but...a seat that has a pattern in it (like my friends Safari Starcraft Van) and the upright part of the seat has a 'pin hole' design in it if you will...i used a leather treatment on the seat and on the smooth parts it went on/came off fine, but the pinhole part...the conditioner just got stuck in there and was a b**** to get out...any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrWillsi3 View Post
    I have a stuipd question, how could you tell if the leather is treated or not..or do you just do a cleaning on it to strip of any old treatment and then apply?

I've seen some pics on here of Leatherique and was very impressed...I was also wondering if anyone has used it on leather that has 'holes' in it....not like rips but...a seat that has a pattern in it (like my friends Safari Starcraft Van) and the upright part of the seat has a 'pin hole' design in it if you will...i used a leather treatment on the seat and on the smooth parts it went on/came off fine, but the pinhole part...the conditioner just got stuck in there and was a b**** to get out...any thoughts?
    Treated leather is what most cars have, if you put drops of water/liquid on it it beads up, if untreated it soaks in. Usually only high end vehicles have untreated "natural" leather - Jag's Range Rovers, Ferrari's, Rolls Royce, Bentley etc.

My Range Rover has pin holes in the leather and yes it a b*****d to get out, although the cleaner used after conditioning takes it off pretty well.

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olbear1962 View Post
    Treated leather is what most cars have, if you put drops of water/liquid on it it beads up, if untreated it soaks in. Usually only high end vehicles have untreated "natural" leather - Jag's Range Rovers, Ferrari's, Rolls Royce, Bentley etc.

My Range Rover has pin holes in the leather and yes it a b*****d to get out, although the cleaner used after conditioning takes it off pretty well.
    Oh so you use a cleaner AFTER conditioning it as well? I always thought cleaning it was more of a prep step to do before conditioning it...or did you just do it because you were trying to get the conditioner out of the pin holes? ...what type did you use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast