autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Apply by hand or machine DP Poli Max Wax?

Whats the benefits looks wise?
    I applied the DP Poli Coat by hand last evening and plan to apply the wax by hand this AM.

My thoughts are by applying the Max Wax by hand its not rubbing off the sealent with the pad/machine.

I applied the DP Policoat around 7pm so I am heading to the garage to put on the Max Wax. Any last minute tips for me?

I just rinsed the pads I used under water and squaezed them out. I plan to only use them on the dd. Thoughts on this? Regular old plain water

1 coat of DP Poli Coat is enough, right? Just put a thin coat of the max wax on, can I put two coats on same day of the wax?
    Thanks, Mike

This red 08 Vette looks awesome! I def. spent more time with the ultimate compound then with the swirlx which could have been me being a little lazy. But i was so happy with the look already that I just quickly did the car with a pass or two of the swirlx. Did I mess up?

DP PoliCoat does not feel that smooth or my hands are just very dry. Easy on easy off thou
    My nickname is "Geek" how funny!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Apply by hand or machine DP Poli Max Wax?

hand application indeed .... just remember light even coat, more product is just wasted product not better or longer protection.

Polycoat is not as slick as say UPP, but the gloss and reflection are nice and its rather durable too.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtmebnj View Post
    DP PoliCoat does not feel that smooth or my hands are just very dry
    I find it to smooth out more after it has cured well.

Mike Phillips

Whats the benefits looks wise?

I just rinsed the pads I used under water and squaezed them out. I plan to only use them on the dd. Thoughts on this? Regular old plain water

1 coat of DP Poli Coat is enough, right? Just put a thin coat of the max wax on, can I put two coats on same day of the wax?
    Thanks, Mike

You can apply DP Poli-Coat by hand or machine, my personal preference is to do every step I can by machine including applying both paste and liquid waxes.

Wednesday night I applied DP Poli-Coat to a 2010 Black Camaro using a Porter Cable DA Polisher and a few days before that I applied Dodo Juice Banana Armor Paste Wax by hand using a Porter Cable DA Polisher.

There is no right or wrong way, just personal preference.

It is my opinion that a DA Polisher does a better job than the human hand.

I always use all my applicator pads dry, that is without water in them when applying waxes and paint sealants. I do Pre-Wet the pad before touching it down onto the finish on a machine that's in the on position, this just insures the entire face of the pad is wet with product.

You can see what I mean in this video where I'm applying a synthetic paint sealant by hand...

Show Car Garage Video: How To Apply A Synthetic Paint Sealant By Hand With The Straight-Line Technique

If you do a great job of thoroughly applying the DP Poli-Coat then one coat is sufficient.

The thing about "topping" or layering" waxes and sealants is you want to make sure enough time has passed for the protection ingredients, (whatever they are), have fully set-up before applying the next application of product.

I normally apply two coats when working on a customer's car. If I'm mobile detailing I don't have the time to wait around for hours to pass by before I apply the second coat so I wait about a half hour and then move forward.

Allowing some time to pass before applying a second coat of anything allows the first coat to fully dry and/or set-up.

Don't take something very simple and make it into rocket science...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

DP Poli-Coat - pulled off the car cover this am and sure enough it was smooth as glass. Huge improvement letting it sit over night. I applied two coats of MaxWax and it looks awesome.

I agree that prep is what makes it shine not the lsp, wax, etc. I mean it looked good after using Ultra Compound on the orange pad followed by SwirlX on the grey pad.

All n All I am happy and really cant imagine it looking much better, so I am happy and thats what counts! my dad is too

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Do you have any pictures? I am going to buy some max wax soon.

Glad that your dad is proud, that's always good

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

it keeps failing when i try to post pic

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok here is a pic, let me know if it can be viewed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apply by hand or machine DP Poli Max Wax?-p1020638-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Yea it can. Instead of attach just enter the URL in the IMG tags

Mike Phillips

it keeps failing when i try to post pic

In order to "Insert" a picture, (not simply attach a picture which shows up as a thumbnail everyone has to click on), the picture has to be uploaded and hosted somewhere on the Internet. Once you do that then your pictures has what's called an

URL Address

That's it's cyber home.

You can then insert the picture by copying and pasting the entire URL Address in-between what are called Image tags, they look like this, [img] and the closing tag would look like this [ /img ] but without the spaces.

You can use the picture button that looks like this, to supply the IMG tags.

I wrote a how to article on this here, plus more articles on working with photos on forums....

How to insert an image from your photo gallery into your message

It's handy to be able to work with pictures on forums, I post thousands of pictures every year so it's second nature to me, once you figure it out and do it a few times you'll see how easy it is.
    How-to work with pictures on discussion forums