autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer

After applying/removing the Wolfgang PPE can you go straight to wax or do you need to wait a certain amount of time before you can go straight to sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer

You can go straight to sealant... (Disclaimer) I haven't used the product but that's how these paint cleaners work. It's just like after you polish. The only question you might have is if your sealant is compatible with PPE. If it is then you go straight to it. If it's not then you may wash first. What I mean is if there are oils that PPE leaves behind it could lessen the life of the sealant depending on what sealant it might be. My bet is you should be fine.

For instance I use Ultima. When I polish I come back at the very end and clean the paint with Ultima Paint Prep Plus (no pressure) on a blue pad. The reason I do that is just to remove any oils the polishes leave behind, "prime" for the Ultima Sealant.

Basically if you are using a Wolfgang Sealant with that PPE then I'm sure it's fine. If you are using a different sealant then it's probably fine as well but it could affect the durability. Wash 1/2 a panel and seal the whole car and document it. We can find out if you see any differences.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks....that answered a question I had as well.

Not to steal your thread but would the WG polish enhancer be a better choice than WG sealant then apply WG Glaze and/or Fuzion.

Trying to decide to go with the enhancer or sealant on a car with good/no swirl paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keepitclean View Post
    Thanks....that answered a question I had as well.

Not to steal your thread but would the WG polish enhancer be a better choice than WG sealant then apply WG Glaze and/or Fuzion.

Trying to decide to go with the enhancer or sealant on a car with good/no swirl paint.
    1.-Polish enhancer
    2.-WG sealant
    3.-WG Fuzion

If you are talking about the Wofglang finishing glaze that is actually a polish not a glaze. You should use the polish before the other steps if you have any minor swirls. If you have anything more then minor swirls that the finishing glaze can't remove then you would start with a more aggressive polish, then the finish glaze (polish) then the other steps.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is finishing Glaze.........thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    You can go straight to sealant... (Disclaimer) I haven't used the product but that's how these paint cleaners work. It's just like after you polish. The only question you might have is if your sealant is compatible with PPE. If it is then you go straight to it. If it's not then you may wash first. What I mean is if there are oils that PPE leaves behind it could lessen the life of the sealant depending on what sealant it might be. My bet is you should be fine.

For instance I use Ultima. When I polish I come back at the very end and clean the paint with Ultima Paint Prep Plus (no pressure) on a blue pad. The reason I do that is just to remove any oils the polishes leave behind, "prime" for the Ultima Sealant.

Basically if you are using a Wolfgang Sealant with that PPE then I'm sure it's fine. If you are using a different sealant then it's probably fine as well but it could affect the durability. Wash 1/2 a panel and seal the whole car and document it. We can find out if you see any differences.
    I am using the Wolfgang sealant.......so I should be okay in going straight to sealant without any down time.