autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pictures from Mobile Tech Expo 2010

Pictures from Mobile Tech Expo 2010

We are currently at Mobile Tech today. Mike taught the first class this morning on DA's and he is currently teaching a Sanding Class!

Pictures will be posted soon, and hope to see some of you in the next few days here.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Tech Expo 2010

Damn you guys for being on the wrong coast. J/K! Can't wait to see the pics!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you guys got here safe.

I am slammed busy with jobs, but I am trying to get over that way for the expo either tomorrow or Saturday. I'm gonna try to push some things around.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Aircraft Detailing
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by premium View Post
    Glad to hear you guys got here safe.

I am slammed busy with jobs, but I am trying to get over that way for the expo either tomorrow or Saturday. I'm gonna try to push some things around.
    I am here. I attended both of Mike's classes today and also Jason Rose's (Meguairs) class in between. The classes were excellent. If anyboby went away with unanwsered questions it was entirely their fault. I had Mike's camera for the "Damp Sanding" demonstration and did not spare coverage.

While the classes were great the real treat started very early. I was there pretty early and got some one on one time with Mike and Meghan. Mike and Meghan are actually nicer than you think they are. From a 7 AM setup they were both going strong at 4 PM. While Mike was teaching Meghan monitored and worked the forum.

People, service, products and good deals. Its a dynamite combination.

I am looking forward to the show tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Was great to see some forum members today at the classes. I took a head count at the first class and for Mike's first Mobile Tech Class he had 60 students.... Not bad at all! Great job Mike! Back at it tomorrow.
    Last edited by Meghan; 01-18-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just another day in paradise... three lanes of I-4 swallowed up by a sinkhole, a duckling dining giant anconda apprehended (with extreme prejudice) by the Osceola Sheriffs Mounted Posse, a forty degree temperature swing... then I arrived in Clearwater and found it... THE NEXT BIG THING!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Meguiar's Unigrit Machine (DA) Damp Sanding system will rock your detailing world! Meghan says it may be available in a month or so... stay tuned.

As always, Mike's instruction and Meghan's hospitality and hard work is so appreciated. AG put on another first class presentation (a couple of them.)

It's always good to see old friends too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHenry View Post
    Just another day in paradise... three lanes of I-4 swallowed up by a sinkhole, a duckling dining giant anconda apprehended (with extreme prejudice) by the Osceola Sheriffs Mounted Posse, a forty degree temperature swing... then I arrived in Clearwater and found it... THE NEXT BIG THING!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Meguiar's Unigrit Machine (DA) Damp Sanding system will rock your detailing world! Meghan says it may be available in a month or so... stay tuned.

As always, Mike's instruction and Meghan's hospitality and hard work is so appreciated. AG put on another first class presentation (a couple of them.)

It's always good to see old friends too.
    Jay when I think of an absolute gentelman you come to mind. A pleasure as always to spend time with you, thank you for helping me unload the truck and for just being you. For those of you that have not met Jay, he is one of a kind.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike doing what he does best!

Mike Phillips

A big thank you to everyone that attended and thank you feslope for playing the role of Photographer with my camera!

Without further ado here are some pictures from today...

Here's our booth, Meghan and Dwayne set this up during our classes today...

Talk about convenient, our demo car is right outside!

Trade shows are a great place to see and learn about tools you don't know about, in this case I'm showing the Flex 3403 as I'll be using this in the Damp-Sanding demonstration to polish with after the compounding step.

I was told the head count was around 60 people for each of our two classes today!

Really nice facilities at the convention center...

Taping of two sections for the Damp Sanding Demonstration using Meguiar's new Unigrit Finishing System. Our donor car, or victim is a black Chevrolet Impala "rental" filled with swirls, scratches and water spots...

In this picture I'm placing the S61500 Unigrit Sanding Disc on the S6F1 Foam Interface Pad which is attached to the S6BP 6" backing plate and the entire system is attached to the new G110v2 Dual Action Polisher. The new Unigrit Finishing System is designed to be used with a 5/16" stroke or orbit which is what the G110v2 offers as does both the Porter Cable 7424XP and the Griot's Garage ROP

Using the Brinkmann Swirl Finder light to show everyone the horrific condition the paint is in before damp-sanding.

Measuring the paint using the Defelsko PosiTest Paint Thickness Gauge

Ready to go...

Ready to use the techniques shared in the class...

2-4 passes to break-in the disc...

Then 2-4 passes after break-in and then stop and inspect.

Mike Phillips

Continued...

In this section we sanded first with the 1500 Sanding Disc and then followed with the 3000 Foam Finishing Disc

In the section towards the driver's side fender we only sanded with the Unigrit #3000 Foam Finishing Disc to test the paint and show what could be done with both approaches.

Explaining how the W5000 Double Sided Wool Cutting pad attaches to a rotary buffer using a Double Sided Pad Rotary Buffer Adapter.

Sharing how to pick up a bead or strip of product using the 10 @ 10 Method. Can I get a witness? After each time I picked up a bead of product there was no splatter slung?

Results

Before

100% of the sanding marks were removed with just a few passes of M105 and a wool pad and almost no effort at all.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast