autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Motorhome waxing

Hello all,new to the forum.I own a 2006 motorhome that has full body automotive paint.It has 4 colors with a metallic in the paint.No decals.I have waxed with liquid wax and it still looks great with a good shine.I want to really make it pop.What would you recommend (product wise)and a procedure on doing this.The colors are in the light to dark shades of brown-tan.Its 43 feet long so I need a plan that I can handle.I will do it all myself.I live in Fl so I want to get as much UV protection as possible.Thanks to all who respond. Gary
    Last edited by islandtees; 10-28-2009 at 03:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Motorhome waxing

Pinnacles XMT360 (cleaner wax AIO) or Liquid Souveran (pure wax, must clean paint prior).

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

To echo "Killrwheels@autogeek", I think that XMT360 is ideal for your motorhome. I used it recently on my father-in-laws new Honda Odyssey (light metallic blue) and it really made the metallic flake pop in the paint. Plus , it is super easy to apply. Just, work it in the paint until it is gone. No buffing necessary, perfect for such a large project.

Post Thanks / Like

Opti-seal has long been used when a large surface area needs to be covered just for its ease of use and concentration.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to add that I do not own a electric buffer and never used one.I would be worried I would burn the paint since I have no expierence.The products listed above,can I hand apply.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody else have any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

I would use Klasse AIO then apply Wolfgang 3.0 Paint Selant, then if you really want to apply Pinnacle Liquid Sourvan

I would buy a Porter Cable and some Red LC pads. Apply the the products i mentioned above on speed 3. Using a Porter Cable is bubba proof so you dont have to worry about burning through the paint.
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

@Islandtees:
    I would recommend picking up a decent polisher. You want a random orbital polisher (like a Porter Cable, UDM, or Cyclo polisher or even a cheapo model if you are just applying wax). These are completely safe for paint (because the pads move in an orbital pattern as compared to a rotary polisher that requires a lot more skill to use properly). Trust me your arms will thank you( that is a lot of real estate to polish/wax manually). In response to your earlier question, XMT360 is designed to use with a polisher, but I have done smaller areas by hand with no problems. Best of luck

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If I use the Klasse AIO do I have to strip the old wax off first or will the product do that for me.Do I just wash the MH ,dry,then apply the Klasse?Since the Wolfgang paint sealant is not acrylic based can it go over the Klasse AIO?What other products would you recommend to go over the Klasse.
    Last edited by islandtees; 11-04-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse AIO is a chemical based paint cleaner. It will strip any previous wax and is super easy to apply by hand or buffer. The beauty of Klasse AIO is that you can top it with really any sealant or Carnuba. I would recommend either Pinnacle, PB's Natty Red/Blue (depending on the color of your MH), or Collinte 845 for longevity.
    Last edited by longdx; 11-05-2009 at 06:56 AM. Reason: sp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast