autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Which pads for these XMT Products

I’m looking to place an order and I need some help in choosing some new pads.

Having never used XMT products or Lake Country products before, which pads would you recommend for the following products?

XMT 360
    XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze
    XMT 180 High Gloss Carnauba

I was thinking about buying some of the new 5.5” Hydro Tech pads, but if there is a better pad choice I am open to suggestions.

I will be using these products and new pads with my G100 on my 2004 F-150 to start with.

Any suggestions on pads and which color would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike Phillips

Re: Which pads for these XMT Products

Quote Originally Posted by Mister B View Post
    I’m looking to place an order and I need some help in choosing some new pads.

Having never used XMT products or Lake Country products before, which pads would you recommend for the following products?

XMT 360
    XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze
    XMT 180 High Gloss Carnauba

I was thinking about buying some of the new 5.5” Hydro Tech pads, but if there is a better pad choice I am open to suggestions.

I will be using these products and new pads with my G100 on my 2004 F-150 to start with.

Any suggestions on pads and which color would be appreciated.

Thanks
    The XMT 360 is a cleaner/wax that leaves a very nice finish, I used it on the front clip of my Jimmy about 2 weeks ago by machine after not having buffed it for around 4 months. The paint on the Jimmy is a single stage enamel so it had oxidation and lots of mechanican rash on the front fenders after installing the new engine and by machine XMT 360 worked really well to restore the finish.

Just used the XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze on the 1967 Starline Deville this last weekend and thought it worked really well too.

1967 Starline Deville - Extreme Makeover

I nice thin coating that is now drying...

And the results... The surface isn't smooth like an automotive clear coat so it doesn't create crisp, clear refections like an automotive paint. Remember, this is 1967 gel-coat technology.

Haven't used the XMT 180 High Gloss Carnauba

The new Hydro-Tech pads are awesome, there's only a cutting and a polishing pad in the line but they both work great and both sizes are very handy.

Used the Tangerine polishing pad on my boat yesterday with the 3M Finesse-it II Glaze and thought is buffed really well and left a very clear finish.