autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DoDo Juice Wax letdown?

Why does it seem that my Dodo Juice Purple Haze (sample) wax isnt really spreadable? It seems a little hard to apply. I get some wax on my foam hand applicator pad to the wax seems to just stay around the area that I first put the pad on. For example, my door. I put some on and it seem to not see any wax farther down my door? Am I really spreading the wax even though I cant see it or does my Dodo Juice just hate me?
    Hope I explained my point. Thanks guys

“You can have everything in life you want, if you just help enough other people get what they want.” -Zig Ziglar

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DoDo Juice Wax letdown?

I would think that if you can't see the wax using a light at different angles, than it's not there. I'm curious to hear if anyone has had similar results...

Post Thanks / Like

Was the wax cold, or cold outsdie? I have had no issues, take the applicator and rub it on the surface of the wax to heat it up a bit and get it going then try to spread. If you are using a 30 ml sample pot then load the applicator then spin the applicator so it is loaded 360* then try to spread it.

Post Thanks / Like

you need to get it going, high quality paste waxes usually have a lot more carnauba and less solvents to make them easier to apply and remove (no haze and no dust).... at least the ones i have seen are that way.

it really shouldnt take a whole lot to cover an entire panel on a normal size car, just swipe it a few times, until you see the top layer of the wax in the container is kind of shiny like its wet, and youll know you have plenty on your applicator then, then go to the panel and keep the pad moving at a decent rate of speed to ensure that it stays warm enough to work with, looks like its around 60ish in memphis right now, so it should spread fine if you keep it moving

Post Thanks / Like

Don't have an answer for you but beautiful car you have.

Colin

Mike Phillips

Few tips and techniques for using a paste, not sure if this will help but here goes...

Spin or twist your applicator on top of the wax while it's in the container till it liquefies a little, this allows some wax to seep into your pad. (Don't scoop the wax out of the container)

Take your applicator pad and spread the wax out using an overlapping circular motion to section of a panel. When the wax stops spreading out, stop and get some more wax out of the wax jar.

Continue till the panel is covered or the car is covered.

Follow manufactures recommendation for removal, it will either be a WOWO or a WODWO

Using a clean, soft microfiber, remove the wax, (or paint sealant), by breaking the wax open then creeping-out by using the Pacman Method, which is taking small bites off with a sweeping circular motion.

This is also talked about here,

Step-by-Step How-To Article using Pinnacle Products with the new PC 7424XP

Mike Phillips

It's got to be your technique...

I just grabbed a sample jar of the Purple Haze and an entry level foam applicator pad and did just as I described above and that wax spreads out like there's no tomorrow.

I placed the applicator pad on top of the jar and twisted it just a few times, this put some wax onto and into my applicator pad and then went out to the Starline Deville and applied it to a perfectly clean and smooth surface and I'm not kidding you, it spread out easy as a summer breeze and it was also easy to lay down a very thin coating.

Only apply to a small section at a time, by this I mean only spread the wax out to new territory by making overlapping passes in a circular motion and as you move out to dry paint only try to cover a small swipe at a time. Otherwise you'll think the wax is spreading hard but it's only because you'll run out of wax, (a lubricant), on the new territory.

I can try to make a short video of this if you like later today. This is one of those things that's really hard to show with a keyboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I can try to make a short video of this if you like later today. This is one of those things that's really hard to show with a keyboard.

If you have the time, I wouldn't mind seeing your technique for applying paste waxes to your applicator pad. It's always nice to see another way of doing things.

In the past I've always found it awkward to grab and hold the applicator and spin the applicator inside the can, so I usually just hold the applicator in place and spin the can instead. Maybe it is just because I have not tried it enough.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mister B View Post
    In the past I've always found it awkward to grab and hold the applicator and spin the applicator inside the can, so I usually just hold the applicator in place and spin the can instead. Maybe it is just because I have not tried it enough.
    I actually do a little of both, spin or twist the container and the pad.

If the container is large enough then there's another technique that enables you to take the wax down evenly instead of cone shaped. Just depends on how D.O. you want to get.

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to look at PJ's (from Dodo Juice) video. Its one of their other waxes, but it does show the technique.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M26bBs_96Rw]YouTube - Dodo juice MiniWorld competition, win new Austintacious wax[/video]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast