autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Zymol vs pinnacle (or other)

i am new to ag and have been looking around this sight for about a week or so. i wanted to know what you guys think of zymol carbon or titanium. i see a lot of people here like pinnacle. what one do you guys like more, is the cost worth it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zymol vs pinnacle (or other)

Welcome to the forums autodromo. I am no expert on anything, but I have used Zymol's Carbon. I would have to say I am not a big fan, just did not give me the depth I thought I would see. I have heard if you want a good Zymol, need to use their Concourse(?). It is around 175 I think for a jar. Haven't have an opportunity to use the Pinnacle yet, but many here have, and it gets rave reviews from most.
    2014 Subaru Legacy
    2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Post Thanks / Like

Dodo Juice makes some great waxes. I'll be replacing my Swissvax Saphir with one of the Dodo Juice waxes when I run out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fred114 View Post
    Welcome to the forums autodromo. I am no expert on anything, but I have used Zymol's Carbon. I would have to say I am not a big fan, just did not give me the depth I thought I would see. I have heard if you want a good Zymol, need to use their Concourse(?). It is around 175 I think for a jar. Haven't have an opportunity to use the Pinnacle yet, but many here have, and it gets rave reviews from most.

ive heard how people who have used zymol talk about it, and they like it for the incredible ease of application... goes on like butter, and comes off just the same, requires very little buffing.

but this comes from the large variety and amount of oils they use in their waxes i believe, they use everything from lanolin, to banana oil, to coconut oil, and throw in 3 more oils just for 1 wax.

other than that, i know there are better waxes out there.

Post Thanks / Like

The Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax is by far one of the best carnauba waxes I have ever tried. It is extremely easy to work with and will have amazing results when the paint surface is preped properly. I call the Zymol a PITA wax. I have tried the Carbon and the Concours but I find them difficult to work with. In my opinion they are too oily. I would recommend using the Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

Post Thanks / Like

I will vote souveran or Dodo
    i have fusion dp max dodo souv xmt180 all good but nothing like souveran..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    The Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax is by far one of the best carnauba waxes I have ever tried. It is extremely easy to work with and will have amazing results when the paint surface is preped properly. I call the Zymol a PITA wax. I have tried the Carbon and the Concours but I find them difficult to work with. In my opinion they are too oily. I would recommend using the Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.
    exactly my thoughts, they put a ton of oils in their waxes to make them seem like they are a higher class of wax because of the ease of applying. but more isnt always better.

Post Thanks / Like

the two zymol waxes offered are the basic products in their line or starting point. Having tried many Zymol products you really need to get to Ital (new version), Concours, or Destiny before you hit their superstars.

And Zymol is nowhere near as easy to apply and remove as Pinnacle. Zymol suggests hand application because their waxes are hard and should be melted by hand. They also require some extra buffing as they dry hard IMO.

For the money, stick with Pinnacle Souveran Paste or move to AG's Estate Wax Wolfgang Fuzion. You will not see any big difference if at all, save some money, and actually enjoy applying and removing which means you'll actually use them more often.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO Souveran Paste hands down has a better look and a lot more easy to work with. I just used Zymol creame wax on a BMW last weekend. It was a nice wax but I think Souveran Paste would do a lot more for the paint.
    Bmw