autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Please post your questions to our discussion forum - Don't send them to me in a PM or E-mail...

Love getting PMs with great questions. Also - I get it that people don't understand how a forum works and think,

I'll just shoot Mike a PM and ask him some questions

I get it.

But if you found me from reading my articles or my in-depth replies to questions posted to the forum - that's how you found me. ON THE FORUM.

I everything I ever typed was in a Private Message - no one would have ever found me.

Kind of hard to wrap your mind around but the big picture is - it's a much better use of my typing time and the company's investment in having me online to answer questions when I do it PUBLICLY not privately.

So if you're new to the forum and somehow you found this thread - PLEAST post your questions to the forum. Please do not send them to me in a PM. If you do - all I'm going to do is politely ask you to copy and paste what you sent me and share it on the forum.

Post it here,

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ng-questions-/

Thank you!

Mike Phillips

Re: Please post your questions to our discussion forum - Don't send them to me in a PM or E-mail...

I love getting PMs with questions but I simply don't have the time to type out the kind of in-depth how-to information where only one set of eyeballs will EVER see the info.

I get it - you joined the forum but because your account has not been approved you send me a PM - happens all the time.

I try to approve new accounts first thing in the morning AND THEN ON THE FLY ALL THROUGHOUT THE DAY. Please don't think I'm slack in my job, I'm just busy. See the time stamp here? It's 9:43am

If you recently joined the forum - all pending account approved - spammers removed

For example, I approved all pending accounts this morning and then Yancy and I went to the garage to shoot videos. Thus I'm not behind my desk to approve new accounts.

I just approved all pending accounts that have piled up since I did it this morning and I'll do it again on-the-fly throughout the day.

PLEASE post you questions to the forum.

Here's a GREAT example why,

New guy joins forum, myself and others help him out. He goes from needing help to success. In his thread is a LOT of info that will help others with the same detailing project for DECADES to come.

And look at the views?

Now if he would have sent me a PM and if I would have answered in a PM then the number of views would be,

That doesn't help anyone but the person that sent me the PM. Nothing wrong with that except I simply don't have the typing time to type out detailed info that often includes,

1. Pictures
    2. Links to more info
    3. Links to tool, pads and products
    4. Video

for one set of eyeballs.

So it's never anything personal, it's just after 18+ years of typing out info on forums I know how best to invest my employer's investment into me.

Thank you for understanding. And in the last week or so if you've sent me a PM with questions, this is why I've replied back and politely asked you to take what you typed, copy it and then start a NEW THREAD with a GREAT TITLE and then paste what you typed into the thread.

Then I'm more than happy to do my best to help you.

Mike Phillips

For all the reasons I list in the first post of this thread, please post your questions to the forum and not in a personal message to me.

I invest a LOT of time into typing out ACCURATE HELPFUL information with pictures, video and links to even more information and on the forum tens of thousands of EYEBALLS CAN SEE and BENEFIT from this info.

In a Private Message?

Only one set of eyeballs sees the information FOREVER.

Think about it? Which is the better option? This is why it's called a "discussion forum" not "send Mike a PM"

Thank you for understanding. I love to help others but I've been doing this too long to do stupid stuff.

4. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Just a reminder....

Please post questions to the PUBLIC forum. Time is limited. Right now I'm so behind in so many hot projects.

I simply cannot justify spending time typing the kind of in-depth how-to information like I do for only ONE set of EYEBALLS to see forever.

In a private message - only you and I see the info.

On the forum - everyone gets to see the information forever - or as long as Autogeek pays their web hosting bill.

Thank you.

6. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Please post your questions to the forum.

I simply don't have the typing time to type out the kind of in-depth answers for one set of eyeballs.

If you've joined the forum - BEFORE you can post to the forum you must first locate the CONFIRMATION E-MAIL and >click< the link inside of it. Then your account goes into a Moderation Queue and that's the thing I check in the morning and throughout the day.

See this thread,

If you recently joined the forum - all pending account approved - spammers removed

See how I update it every day to let people waiting in the wings to post know they're good to go.

Thanks you!

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

I always hate having to bump this thread but when new members with a

0 or ZERO

by their forum nickname - meaning they have ZERO posts - sends me a PRIVATE MESSAGE asking me all kinds of GREAT QUESTIONS that SHOULD BE asked in the PUBLIC FORUM - where thousands of eyeballs can see and benefit from the information for DECADES into the future.

Well when this happens - I simply have to bump this thread and then send them the link.

I'm never doing this to be mean or because I'm a jerk, I simply don't like investing the typing time to type out the kind of detailed information I normally do for one set of eyeballs.

If I wanted to type out answers for one set of eyeballs we could shut the forum down and everyone that want's my take or opinion on something could simple send me an e-mail.

Thank you for understanding.

Mike Phillips

3rd time I've shared this article this week.

I LOVE that people trust me so much that they will find me via all my articles, reviews and in-depth replies on the topics of car and boat detailing.... but PLEASE - post your questions to the forum, (the place your probably found me by reading my answers to someone just like you), and I'm happy to do my best to answer them.

I simply do not have the "typing time" to type out in-depth answers that usually include,

1. Info
    2. Pictures
    3. Videos
    4. Links to related info

In an e-mail for one set of eyeballs. And by the way, it's a LOT HARDER to share pictures and video and even LINKS in an e-mail. It's SUPER EASY to do this on an actual vBulletin forum.

I know it can be hard to understand, but I've been dealing with this for going on 16 years now as proved by the time stamp date on my first article on this topic in 2005

Please post questions to the forum...

Please and Thank You.

11. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

This is just a friendly bump.

The entire idea of a FORUM - is to ASK your questions on the FORUM. Not send me a PM.

Thank you.

Mike Phillips

Thank you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast