autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Full Detail Run Down

So if you are performing a FULL detail for a customer how would you go about it? And what would your normal list of supplies include? The more detailed the better. The reason I'm asking these questions, is I feel that I know the basics, but like every other craft that we involve ourselves in, we can always learn more. So please educate me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Full Detail Run Down

That is a very broad question. What do you use today?
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    That is a very broad question. What do you use today?
    You will get answers from people with hundreds of different products. Everyone does things different.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

This questions was mostly directed towards Mike, since this is the "Ask the Expert featuring Mike Phillips" forum LOL. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike why don't you put something next to the threads on the home page, if possible. All we see is the most recent threads, not knowing which section they are from. Since you have your own Q/A thread, we don't have to answer questions for people just waiting for you to answer. It can eliminate some confusion.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    Mike why don't you put something next to the threads on the home page, if possible. All we see is the most recent threads, not knowing which section they are from. Since you have your own Q/A thread, we don't have to answer questions for people just waiting for you to answer. It can eliminate some confusion.
    For what it's worth, I always feel bad when I see questions posted here and I have other projects that I need to work on that either require typing time or physical action, as in out in the AG Garage working on a car. My nature is to >click< Reply and start typing but the practice of prioritizing kicks in and sometimes all you can do is push away from the keyboard and dedicated time to the highest priority on the To-Do List.

Prioritizing is a struggle sometimes as it takes conscience thought and follow-through, but it's also very important.

The good news is there are so many other intelligent, experienced and helpful members on this forum and because of their help all the questions posted in this forum group as well as the others get answered with top rate information.

This is one of the key attributes of a good forum, that is great members always willing to give their time sharing their knowledge and experience.

No man's an Island and I'm never going to be able to answer every question or post to every thread, so I can't even begin to express my appreciation for all the stellar members of this forum community, which I fully expect to see grow in both volume and in value into the future.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all good Mike, we undrstand your busy. A lot of us on here try to help as much as we can. But, when you try to simplify a question to help someone. Then they come back and say, I wasn't talking to you. I posted this in the ask Mike section. That's kind of a slap in the face for trying to help. The OP probally didn't mean it that way. My question was just a suggestion to try and stop that from happening in the future.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    It's all good Mike, we undrstand your busy. A lot of us on here try to help as much as we can. But, when you try to simplify a question to help someone. Then they come back and say, I wasn't talking to you. I posted this in the ask Mike section. That's kind of a slap in the face for trying to help. The OP probally didn't mean it that way. My question was just a suggestion to try and stop that from happening in the future.
    Yeah, I don't think any harm was meant...

You're suggestion is good, let me work on it...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't trying to piss anyone off with what I said. But also I'm a very paitent person, so I'm willing to wait for answers if need be. If there's a link where this subject has been discussed before, then please point me in the right direction.

How do you need me to be more specific with my question? What more information do you need to help answer my question?

Mike Phillips

It's cool...

I just lined up a car in the garage to do two Test Spots for an article I writing and to share in this thread,

Confused about Fillers

After that I'll type up a general list of things I would take if I were driving 100 miles to buff out a car or do what I call a "Complete".

Would that work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast