autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing Suggestions

I've purchased a 2009 Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Challenger SRT8 and I'm looking to prep it for the winter as it's a daily driver, but I'm also looking for that very "WET" look everyone is talking about.

Waxes that I'm interested in using are Wolfgang, Pinnacle, DoDo Juice. I'm not new to detailing, but I'm new to these products as I've been a user of Adams Polish for about 5 yrs.

Out of the 3 that I've listed, what do you recommend most for black cars?

Mike Phillips

Re: Detailing Suggestions

Pinnacle either the paste of the liquid is fool-proof on any finish for deep, wet shine, coming from a Meguiar's background it's not like anything I've ever used before as far as wipe-on and wipe-off and as long as the paint is in great shape to start with, (doesn't need to be clayed or have swirls removed), then it leaves a very nice deep, wet shine.

I haven't used the Wolfgang, or the DoDo Juice over an entire car yet so I'll let others chime in with their experience but if you're into your car like women are into shoes, then Pinnacle is a wax that should be in everyone's collection.

Part of the fun in owning a car like your new Challenger is going to be using it as an escape from the hustle and stress of life, this could be cruising it, or waxing it, and right now, while it's new and in great shape, now is the time to get into a regular maintenance program. So here's the deal with Pinnacle, it's easy to apply and it's easy to wipe-off and when you're done that black paint is going to look a mile deep.

There won't be any struggle putting the Pinnacle on, and there won't be an struggle in wiping it off, that's the relaxing part and the fun part of owning a black car like this Challenger.

Make time to do this often and your black paint is going to alway look great and people will notice it. It's only when you let time go by and leave the paint unattended that it will go down hill, so stock up on the basics which will include enough quality microfiber polishing cloths that you DEDICATE just to this car. You want to buy enough to make a small wash load so the only thing you wash and dry will be these microfiber polishing cloths.

Get a Dedicated laundry basket or hamper with a lid and only place these microfibers into this basket and keep them clean. Then when you've used up all your clean microfibers make a dedicated wash and drying load and when they've been laundered, make a clean place to store them, maybe pick up a plastic roll-around cart from target with drawers for your detailing supplies like microfiber polishing cloths, drying towels or chamois, applicator pads etc.

Something like this,

You're also going to want some spray detailers, Grit Guards, quality car wash soap, tire dressings, etc.

Does your challenger have any vinyl graphics?

Post Thanks / Like

Souveran paste looks great on black. You could also go with Natty's blue or red as a cheaper alternative.

Fuzion is also good. It will give the paint a nice crisp wet gloss.

Dodo juice is also a god quality wax. I've used supernatural and diamond white regularly, but not on black paint. Good thing with Dodo is, you can buy the small sample sizes to see what you like. I would go for purple haze soft, blue velvet hard or supernatural.

Another great wax on all colors is RBOE.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the basics,

5 gal. bucket with grit guard
    2 wool wash mitts
    firehose nozzle
    dozens of microfiber
    etc......etc......

I'm just exploring outside the realm of Adam's Polishes. I've had great results with their products, but I love exploring what's out there. But I will look into the suggestions listed. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

super wet look -- Souveran Paste by Pinnacle
    nice wet look / better durability -- Wolfgang Paint Sealant 3.0

If you choose to move away from the Adams polishes, I highly suggest Menzerna and doubt you will ever look back.

Scott