autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Boars hair brush, good or bad?

I'm thinking of buying one. I own a pick up & tired of standing on the front wheel & climbing in the bed to wash. Trying to make life a little simpler. I'm not sure by looking at it if it will clean as well as by hand or will I be dissapointed after spending all that money.
    Also, not sure of my wheels ( coated/uncoated) & what products I should be using on them.
    Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boars hair brush, good or bad?-0129090938truck-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boars hair brush, good or bad?

I use a brush that's extremely soft, synthetic boars hair -
    well, the idea of washing, every time washing, we offer friction - friction causes scratches as we know, so minimizing and guarding against friction is key.
    Mitts scare me. when do I know that I have picked up something nasty and now, it just rolled over a couple of my finger and is lodged deep into my wool mitt? I like my super soft brush that I rinse every time, sud and use on all my clients vehicles.
    food for thought.

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased a Montana boars hair brush and extention pole from AG. to clean my Escalade, after I read how much Meghan loved using her's. It is safe and is a definate time and back saver. I always make sure that the vehicle is foamed up real well with the foam gun before I break out the boars hair. Never use it on a dry vehicle as I heard one member did. Doing so will end up with an unfavorable result.
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply. Makes a lot of sense & will save my back.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

while I refrain from brushes for washing period ... if I chose a brush it would be Boars Hair indeed.

Scott

Mike Phillips

I used the Meguiar's Wide Body Brush for years on our black Honda Pilot always using good technique and never found it to scratch the paint. They discontinued them years ago so I was excited to test out the Boar's Hair Brush on this car,

I found it worked just as well to wash a car plus the hairs can get into cracks and crevices to loosen dirt particles so you can rinse them off plus when you're done it rinses out really well, as in any dirt in the boar's hairs will rinse out, that's a plus.

2008 Lexus IS 250 - Pinnacle Detail - August 14th, 2009

After washing the wheels, tires and exterior of the Lexus we then dried the car using the Cobra 16 x 24 Guzzler Waffle Weave Microfiber Waffle Weave Drying Towels.

After washing the car it's a good practice to rinse your tools clean before storing them. The Boar's Hair brushes rinse out easily to insure there's no trapped dirt in the hairs.

For the wheels, Montana Original 360° Boar’s Hair Car Wash Brush - safe for clear coated wheels

You can use this brush by hand or with a telescoping handle.

Post Thanks / Like

It must be nice to be able to detail at the PMBA place with all those goodies in the warehouse a few steps away.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    It must be nice to be able to detail at the PMBA place with all those goodies in the warehouse a few steps away.
    Since you've been here and toured through the facilities then you can appreciate the old saying,

"I fell like a kid in a candy store"

But the answer is "yes", it is very, very nice. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Need an assistant Mike??? Or how about a product tester to try products on not your every day details? IE drums, cymbals, guitars, hardware? :-)

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by nrengle View Post
    Need an assistant Mike??? Or how about a product tester to try products on not your every day details? IE drums, cymbals, guitars, hardware? :-)
    We're always looking for cool Guitars to buff out, (seriously), cymbals would be fun too!

Come on over anytime, give me a call a few minutes before hand so I can unroll the red carpet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast