autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Foam cannon vs pressure washer

Hi Sorry if I am repeating previous posts. I have read through and can't find what I am looking for.

Basically I started to use a Foam Cannon for personal use especially after winter sludge wash.

I foam then rinse then do a mechanical wash(either traditional bucket wash or ONR wash). I tried doing part of the car foam and pressure wash and pressure wash only before mechanical wash and honestly don't see much of a difference if any at all.
    Read some posts that foam cannon is mostly for show.( In the winter I am closed in my garage so no audience)
    I am wondering if it is the soap I use so before investing and buying other soaps thought I would ask if it makes any difference.
    Most if not all posts seen here and YouTube on the best soap is all about foaming thickness haven't seen anything on cleaning power.
    So is a foam cannon worth the time and soap expense to clean or just pressure washer will do the same before hand wash?
    If soaps make a difference which do you use which actually emulsify and clean grime?
    Presently using Simonize car wash and wax and foams great but...
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam cannon vs pressure washer

I'm not sure about others, but I use foam cannons to keep the surface moist and lubricated and from drying out during the contact wash process...

3. Likes aqus, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only pre-wash worthwhile seems to be Bilt Hamber Auto Foam. Some spray ONR mixed with MDR (mineral deposit remover) to help remove salt prior to washing.

5. Likes aqus, fries liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally don’t have a foam cannon, but if I did, I’d pressure wash rinse 1st, then spray the entire vehicle with foam, and then immediately begin my bucket wash with mitts.

Is that really needed in most cases? No, but I can understand it feeling pretty good.

7. Likes scribble79, PaulMys, Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Foam cannon vs pressure washer

A most pre wash (ph neutral/ph balance) will not remove the majority of what’s on the car.

They are designed to soften them up to be removed in the mechanical wash stage and hopefully remove larger debris of the vehicle that can be stuck.

Alkaline pre washes like the pre mentioned Bilt Hamber AutoFoam will remove a majority of the film and debris but may harm waxes, sealants and sio2 toppers.

This is debated but I personally believe it will weaken your LSP faster with maybe the exception of coatings with high PH resistance.

Here are some pics from a thread i started about BHAF on Autopia. This is just AF sprayed on with an IK foam 12 and then pressure washed off. Cleaned better than a touchless automated wash.

In closing for me i believe pre wash’s, even PH nuetral snow foams help the wash process to get less swirls. I couldn’t tell you if it helps 10% or .01% but it helps.

I don’t mind to use Alkaline pre washes because at the end of the day were trying to protect and extend the life of the paint not the LSP. PH neutral foams became important to protect our LSP’s. I’d rather protect my paint by removing as much from surface before contact washes.

Protecting the LSP to me is not as important as most sealant’s, Sio2 toppers and drying aids can be applied in 10 minutes or why you dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes fries, SNP209, dgage, opie, Eldorado2k and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankBardani View Post

My car was completely covered in salt and road grime. I pressure washed first, used a foam cannon ( Chemical Guys Sticky Snowball Snow Foam in combination with Ammo Winter Wash Booster) let dwell for 5 to 6 minutes and power washed again. Dried with an Airforce Master Blaster. The car is completely clean even with the absence of mechanical agitation!

12. Likes dgage, MisterSnoop, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My car was completely covered in salt and road grime. I pressure washed first, used a foam cannon ( Chemical Guys Sticky Snowball Snow Foam in combination with Ammo Winter Wash Booster) let dwell for 5 to 6 minutes and power washed again. Dried with an Airforce Master Blaster. The car is completely clean even with the absence of mechanical agitation!

You forgot to mention the only thing of significance… What lsp is on the vehicle?

14. Likes oneheadlite, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You forgot to mention the only thing of significance… What lsp is on the vehicle?
    Chemical Guys Hydrocharge Ceramic Spray Coating

Post Thanks / Like

If you used CG honeydew snow foam, is the sticky snowball foam any better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast