autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you put on a vehicle that never gets washed or rained on?

Specifically this '99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 that has 120,000 miles on it. TBH, it has been washed with soap/water maybe three times over the past 22 years & has been ridden in the rain no more than four times (rain is kinda scarce in the Mojave).. so ability to bead water off isn't an consideration at all. It's garage kept.

I'm assuming just wax and/or ceramic stuff after it gets a wipe down with instant detailer? I was thinking Colinite 845 & then some ceramic coating on top of that?

Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you put on a vehicle that never gets washed or rained on?

you want a coating to go right against the paint, whatever you want to put on top of that is something else. I would wipe the bike down with car Pro eraser, then polish it with a orbital using something like car pro essence, and then wipe on a ceramic like cquartzUK, Then you’ll be done forever.

If you want to do something much easier just wash the bike, and wipe on some 3O3 graphene spray or an SIO2 spray, and do that every six months or so, you’ll be fine.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

I tried that Graphene 303 already, won't be using it again. Turned my car into a dust magnet.
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    I tried that Graphene 303 already, won't be using it again. Turned my car into a dust magnet.
    I found the opposite to be true, and my Camaro is black...
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    I found the opposite to be true, and my Camaro is black...
    I live in the Mojave Desert. The test area with the 303 Graphene collected twice as much dust as the rest of the car.

As for the bike:
    The main issue with Kaw's is the complete lack of UV protection in the factory finish. It's not unusual for the bikes to change color. Back in '76 they made green KZ900's & brown KZ900's. The green ones faded to brown & the brown ones turned green. I have no idea how the hell they managed to come up with such a bizarre effect. The red '75 Z1-B's also turned green.
    The ZRX paint has lost quite a bit of the color, but so far it's still green (there is silver under the green).

Post Thanks / Like

If you go with a coating you want to put that down first. And no need for a wax on top of it.