autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many pads for a motorcoach?

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Must of been a lot of work.

Personally i would of used 3D One probably if i was going to go over the surface with an LSP after using an AIO. Any medium polish.
    I did as much correction as I wanted/needed after I bought the coach so 3D One would have been overkill for my yearly AIO regimen

As for adding another layer of LSP on top of an AIO, I felt it was worth the effort

I did use 3D One or Hyper Polish on occasion when I brushed a tree or bush to knock down the scratches and then went over that with Speed as more of a final polish than anything else

I think the 2 compliment each other nicely

After I corrected my truck with 3D One I immediately went over it with 3D Speed and then a layer of 3D Poxy and OCW on top of that

I guess I am a layering kind of guy

2. Likes noorth liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I have been in the same situation and the first question is have you done a test spot or several test spots and know just what pad and product you will be using

I kept my coach up and did a yearly once around with an AIO and then waxed as needed

I used 6 pads and worked until those pads were all gunked up and stopped for the day, washed them, and then kept that up for a few days until I was done

Between the labor of moving ladders around and extension cords tugging on me that was all I could handle

But I’m also old and retired and had not much else to do

Try a test spot and go from there

What polisher and pads do you currently have, what products are you used to using, etc

The more info we get the better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry for the late response!

Here's what I have, Boos G21 which I found new in the box. I have already procured 4 sets of 6.5 pads, 2 sets of 5", 4 sets of 3" pads with the appropriate plates and the drill adapter for 3".

For compounds, I previously bought TW 1 and Done Compound. And also bought 3 of 4 of BOSS creams. I have just started testing on panels..namely my older vehicles. I just polished the minivan and did the hood on the Yukon.. that hood was real bad. The roof is real bad on it as the clear is going away.

Sorry for the lack of punctuation, I use voice to speech while on the phone. I don't like texting and PC is upstairs. I miss my blackberry because of the keyboard.

Here's a video of the coach when I did the first wash and wax using Aero Cosmetics product, 'Wash n Wax'.

Our 05 Allure Siskiyou Summit ..one of a kind - YouTube

Sorry for the length.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Thats a crazy detail man! I would prefer at least 20 medium pads for something like that - rupes yellow foam or wool comes to mind, they have a bigger face, the foam, so it will be more efficient then some pads - if you plan to just spend one day at it. But honestly it would take me a solid week to do something like that. And i really couldn't see me not using a waterless wash to prep the panels before polishing, after one good bucket wash on the whole unit. I'm a big fan of mckee's N914. Wolfgang makes a straight waterless too i think.

Good luck!
    I actually used washnwax which is pretty much waterless.

I also just purchased ONR because after realizing and looking at my water softener I only use a total of 3 gallons washing this thing! So I figured it would bring several gallons of the stilled water and washed it at the campground if needed.

I was estimating my pad count will probably be 16 to 20. I guess it depends how big the sections will be. The guys that I've already done it and say they just do 2 X 10 sections.

The surface has very light to moderate swirls.. There are some scratches at the base which I'm gonna try to get some of those out. There looks to be some deep ones. The manual states that the thickness of the paint is up to 18 mm! The previous owner basically used Turtle Wax car wash and mother's carnuba wax. It has stayed in a climate controlled environment in its own garage Never driven in rain but it sat in rain in Florida. Also never driven in snow. So I'm following in that true tradition And where it will stay in a climate control facility.

What concerns me the most is falling off the ladder! Yeah! My wife thought about list just used 2 ladders and a scaffold and me stand on it and go from there. But then again she cites that our flagpole pulley needs to be repaired so she said let's just go ahead and rent a lift or a scissor Jack and while it's here polish the bus.

I also was thinking about putting fusso ( I bought 2 cans of the original formula) on it since it's so durable. But I've also looked at ceramics next such as Artdedesign, IGL et cetera.. I spoke to the owner of art design in great length on what I wanted to do and he was recommending me which protectant to go use. Boys are going to be costly! Lol compared To the amount of pads I just purchased!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

6. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watched your video

That is an amazing coach and it is immaculate

I see why you are so passionate about keeping it up

Enjoy it!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12