autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Is that Polishing Error?

Hello ,I bought a brand new car 2 weeks ago and i washed it at least 5 or 6 times and checked the whole car at least 15-20 times but today I just saw this on the trunk when washing.I wonder is this paint error from factory or the dealer tried to polish the car and burnt the paint?Or something scratched that part?I tried to wax it by hand but it doesn’t want to go.Is there anything I can do?
    Opel - YouTube

76E5B9C6 EB1B 4B35 A63A A9B3DA82E79B - IM.GE - Free Image Hosting - Upload Image & Share
    A996BB29 DA7A 4DF6 8617 BCB7A9FB4C1F - IM.GE - Free Image Hosting - Upload Image & Share

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is that Polishing Error?

Are you talking about the slight haziness and straight line micro-scratches on the narrow flat surface? I would think any fine polish, even by hand, would take care of that in short order.

What would bother me more than that slight paint blemish is the horrendous film on the inside of that rear glass and the streaking on tail light lens LOL. How did those get so bad in only two weeks?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

No I am talking about there is a black line on the paint

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy1925 View Post
    No I am talking about there is a black line on the paint
    The spot a few inches long, on the lower edge of the thin section and about a foot from the right edge?

That could very well be a strikethrough. But I would have to see it in person to state that positively.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that Polishing Error?

I just checked the video depending on the angle and lighting it can be seen, perhaps touched up or rotary burn, if so it didn’t actually burn all the way thru, but the rest of paint seems trashed for a 2 week old new car , looks like paint could use a Polish at the very least, what’s up with the windows ?!? I read that you wash the car at least 6 times in 2 weeks !!?? Perhaps look at your method of washing and equipment maybe marring and causing the swirls, otherwise the car looks like it has been thru car wash multiple times thus hammering the paint in just 2 weeks !!??
    Proper methods this car should still look “showroom” not like that after just two weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Like 2Black1s said, would need to see it in person and it's hard to tell from the video but here are a couple thoughts....

You could put a thickness gauge on it and see if that panel has been resprayed. The reason I bring that up is because when a metallic (and it looks like there's lots of it in there) is sprayed if it runs ever so slightly it will change the characteristics and give a darker appearance that will disappear at certain angles.

Distorting a base coat metallic could also be due to clearing to soon after the base coat was applied.

Again just a couple thoughts.......
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the bad quality video i applied some scratch remover on the part and i spoiled it on the window too.I have a detailer friend who will come and check 2 days later with a paint thickness gauge.