autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dang it Mike!

Mike Phillips

Re: Dang it Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by Njackson388 View Post
    Dang it Mike!

Dang it mike you have cost me a lot of money! I am loving everything that I have bought.

Also thanks for all the forum members who post a lot of helpful information

Apologies....

But from what I can see, you've purchased a lot of products that I have written and made videos about, but also have used personally to detail customer's cars. I only use product on other people's cars that I trust and would use on my own car.

• The FLEX Supa BEAST is a freaking amazing tool and runs laps around any free spinning tool all day long.

• Those new RUPES CP foam pads work great on the Supa BEAST and are as durable as you can get.

• I see two bottles of the SONAX Glass Cleaner that everyone knows I use as a glass cleaner, clay lube and waterless prep wash. Super versatile and my wife's favorite glass cleaner for both glass and mirrors in our house.

Not that I want to cost you any more money, but once you get to the point where you feel super comfortable with the FLEX Supa BEAST - doing the backing plate swap I recommend and then you can use the larger 7" or 180mm RUPES foam CP pads. The larger footprint ENABLES you to take full advantage of the power the Supa BEAST provides. It's how I roll. But my style of detailing is not everyone's style. I like to go as fast as I can while keeping my quality pro grade level. I do understand that a lot of people are not in a hurry to knock out a car.

Here's my article,

Supa BEAST and CBEAST Backing Plate Swap by Mike Phillips

Again, apologies for all the money I've cost you. I do have a philosophy that I operate under however and I wrote this back in the early 1980s. Goes like this,

A professional sales person never sells anything... they solve problems.

If you can solve someone's problem, the products will sell themselves...

Yeah kind of hokey, but I was like 27 or 28 years old when I wrote that and just starting out with Meguiar's. At the time my business card read,

Sales Rep/Trainer

I hated the part of my title that read Sales Rep because I wasn't a very good sales rep in the traditional or conventional way of thinking of those words. I did think I was a good trainer however as that's what I enjoyed and excelled at. It was only later down the road that it hit me, by "teaching" I was selling. The key then was to only teach or "sell" what I truly believed in, what I had faith in and what I would use on my own cars.

That's why you never see me use junk for any car I detail. I won't do it out of a professional respect for the car owner nor will I lead other down the wrong path.

Thanks for taking the time to make my day. I hope my boss sees this.

2. Likes ollever liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang it Mike!

Dang it Mike you have cost me a lot of money! I am loving everything that I have bought though.

Haha i would like to 2nd your post! And your flex purchase...i love mine as well! What a awesome tool and time saver.

I spent almost 900 bucks in the first two months of me finding autogeek in march.

The wealth of knowledge that i have acquired...from best tools, products, and techniques from the great Mike Phillips, and everyone else on here with all the tips and product reviews is greatly appreciated.

Just wanted to say thanks as well to all, keep up the great work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Apologies....

But from what I can see, you've purchased a lot of products that I have written and made videos about, but also have used personally to detail customer's cars. I only use product on other people's cars that I trust and would use on my own car.

• The FLEX Supa BEAST is a freaking amazing tool and runs laps around any free spinning tool all day long.

• Those new RUPES CP foam pads work great on the Supa BEAST and are as durable as you can get.

• I see two bottles of the SONAX Glass Cleaner that everyone knows I use as a glass cleaner, clay lube and waterless prep wash. Super versatile and my wife's favorite glass cleaner for both glass and mirrors in our house.

Not that I want to cost you any more money, but once you get to the point where you feel super comfortable with the FLEX Supa BEAST - doing the backing plate swap I recommend and then you can use the larger 7" or 180mm RUPES foam CP pads. The larger footprint ENABLES you to take full advantage of the power the Supa BEAST provides. It's how I roll. But my style of detailing is not everyone's style. I like to go as fast as I can while keeping my quality pro grade level. I do understand that a lot of people are not in a hurry to knock out a car.

Here's my article,

Supa BEAST and CBEAST Backing Plate Swap by Mike Phillips

Again, apologies for all the money I've cost you. I do have a philosophy that I operate under however and I wrote this back in the early 1980s. Goes like this,

A professional sales person never sells anything... they solve problems.

If you can solve someone's problem, the products will sell themselves...

Yeah kind of hokey, but I was like 27 or 28 years old when I wrote that and just starting out with Meguiar's. At the time my business card read,

Sales Rep/Trainer

I hated the part of my title that read Sales Rep because I wasn't a very good sales rep in the traditional or conventional way of thinking of those words. I did think I was a good trainer however as that's what I enjoyed and excelled at. It was only later down the road that it hit me, by "teaching" I was selling. The key then was to only teach or "sell" what I truly believed in, what I had faith in and what I would use on my own cars.

That's why you never see me use junk for any car I detail. I won't do it out of a professional respect for the car owner nor will I lead other down the wrong path.

Thanks for taking the time to make my day. I hope my boss sees this.

Well I'm glad I made your day! Next purchase is a couple of your books and I hope you can sign them for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang it Mike!

Dang it Mike you have cost me a lot of money! I am loving everything that I have bought though.

Welcome to the forum.

Nice selection for a first order. You could always grease the FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. drivers palm to hide it behind the bushes.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12