autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The best waterless wash

Hi Mike...my wife and I are down to one car, which is garaged...looking for the best waterless wash....I been using blackfire one step and SIO2 sealant on it to let you know

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The best waterless wash

Do a rinseless vs a waterless….Search here on the difference, rinseless is much easier on your paint. I like car Pro Ech20. It’s also waterless, depending on how you mix it.
    Glen -

3. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Do a rinseless vs a waterless….Search here on the difference, rinseless is much easier on your paint. I like car Pro Ech20. It’s also waterless, depending on how you mix it.
    I would trust a rinseless to take care of more dirt. However, if you’re only taking care of light road dirt or dust then a waterless then a waterless is fine. I just started using Ech2o and like it. It can be used as either a waterless or rinseless.

5. Likes DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We will agree to disagree. I will never trust a dry/moist microfiber that a waterless would use over a completely sopping wet microfiber in a rinseless application, no matter how much dirt or dust is on the car.
    Glen -

7. Likes rangerbay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do a waterless/rinseless wash mix, essentially prespray but only do a rinseless. I personally wouldn’t do a waterless. I recently tried N-914 as a stronger, periodic rinseless and it is decent though not quite as lubricious as I’d like. My favorite waterless is Uber SiO2 Rinseless. And on my son’s vehicle that I haven’t had time to put on a ceramic coating, the Uber SiO2 gives pretty good protection shown as beading water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weekend warrior View Post
    ...looking for the best waterless wash....
    I been using blackfire one step and SIO2
    sealant on it…
    For synergy’s sake…
    You could stay within the BLACKFIRE line-up
    by going with BLACKFIRE Waterless Wash.

Try a sample to see if it meets
    your expectations.
    BLACKFIRE Waterless Wash 4 oz. Sample

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I too am rinseless over waterless even if only lightly dusty. I haven’t seen marring with waterless but i feel the two are equal effort and I always choose more lubricity. Try both see what you like better.

Since your asking for the best waterless i would recommend Griots Spray on Car Wash. great reviews on AutoGeek and Griots site.

Griot's Garage Waterless Spray-On Car Wash, Griots Garage Waterless Wash, Car Wash Spray, Waterless Car Washing

I personally do not like Ech20 as a waterless. Leaves a great shine if you don’t mind the effort. but to much buffing unless you mix it weak. I like my wash process to be easy...... really Nice as a rinseless though.

My favorite non hose method is Ammo frothe. Feel the foam has more lubrication than a standard waterless or rinseless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually do a Rinseless, but if the car is just dusty and no dirt baked on, sometimes I do a WW with Ultima WW. Lots of lubrication, used with proper towels and technique, I have not gotten any swirls. But no question, a RR is generally the safer way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

My all-time favorite waterless wash is Meguiars D115 Express Wash and Wax. I love the way it cleans and glosses up the paint. The paint feels super slick and the scent is so pleasant it is addictive. Here is a thorough review on Autogeek from 2013:

Review & How-To: Meguiar's D115 Rinsefree Express Wash and Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone...for your opinion's .......since I will be 80 next month, I think using waterless spray will be easier....when the car is dusty...if it has dirt on it then I will use a rinseless wash....does this make sense

15. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast